Best Electronic Scale

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The Blackhawk Kid

Blackhawk
I want to hear what is the best electronic scale for reloading. I have a Lyman LE 1000, and it is unreliable. Now, I can't calibrate it. I get Errr. I have a Dillon balance beam that I rely on. Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated. Thanks BHK

KLNC

Single-Sixer
I have a Pact, which was fairly expensive, and a Frankfort Arsenal from Midway that was cheap, and both have been dead on for years. The latter has amazed me with its consistency for so little money.

Clovishound

Blackhawk
I have had the little Franklin Arsenal model for about 6 months. I have been very happy with it. Checked it against my beam scale when I first got it. Was pretty consistent with the beam scale. I really like being able to tare a primered case and then weight the case with powder in it, then just pop a bullet on top and continue with the loading process. Makes producing loads I can count on being right on the money, powder wise, easy and quick. I think I paid $35 - $40 locally for mine.

I initially got mine to be able to weigh bullets. Ended up being confident enough in it to use for powder.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I bought a Frankfort Arsenal from Midway that was cheap and it is ok except that it tends to drift a little. I won't trust it alone. I use it to double-check a bunch of loads in a row sometimes if I want really accurate loads for the chronograph. :D

GP100

Buckeye
Chargemaster 1500 all the way. Best digital scale I have ever used. Not cheap by any means, but very reliable. And accurate.

Latest posts