Best Aftermarket Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
I have a GP100 6", SRH 9.5", and a Bearcat, all in stainless. I want to get custom grips for all of them someday. I think I'm going to go with Sack Peterson's stag grips on the Bearcat.

Can y'all post some pictures of some nice grips (not rubber) that could give me some ideas so I can figure out what I want?

Thanks.

Here are some examples for you
Spence-6Guns030.jpg

Macassar Ebony by Cary Chapaman
Spence-6Guns020-1.jpg

Sambar Stag fit by Andy Horvath
Clements44Mag004.jpg

Elk antler sanded smooth
rugers002-1.jpg

Dall Sheep horn by Fishpaw
Model58003.jpg

French Walnut by Fishpaw
Picture001.jpg

Box Elder Burl by John Gallagher

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
Thank you! I very much like the burled woods such as French walnut and Maple. I'm looking for a darker wood to complement the stainless steel's brightness.

Other suggestions/pictures would be greatly appreciated!

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
These are great! Any more pictures/ideas? I'm thinking about getting an inlaid grip, maybe with a rattlesnake or horse or something. Cimarron makes a "Man With No Name" 1851 Navy conversion and SAA like Clint Eastwood used in the trilogy. I like the look of the grips, but want something like them on my GP100. Just trying to be unique. :D

gak

Buckeye
These are all great. I'm one of the few I think that likes the "jigged or jiggered bone" grips (I guess incorrectly called 'stag' over the years by many including me)--you know the 50s/60s Grade B Western ones made famous by Cheyenne (Clint Walker) and others. They were originally cheap plastic - on Great Western SAA clones - but still looked the part. Kids cap guns followed suit. Anybody know of some "real" or hi quality faux jigged grips? I've seen some advertised by Buffalo Bros and Gungrips. Any others? I hope this does not hijack the OP, but contribute to the mix of choices to consider.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I'm impressed by all of the beautiful handwork. Well Done.
I need to get off my butt and trya pair or two. I have the wood; I have the time...
Sonnytoo

Latest posts