Best 10 rd. mini-14 mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

patrickjames

Single-Sixer
Due to my bad luck of living in California, legally I can't own a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds.( Because of family it's not possible to move at this time)My question is who makes the best quality 10 round magazine for a mini-14? thank you. PJ

fbarndt

Bearcat
patrickjames":32z80y1l said:
Due to my bad luck of living in California, legally I can't own a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds.( Because of family it's not possible to move at this time)My question is who makes the best quality 10 round magazine for a mini-14? thank you. PJ

PJ,

www.gunclips.net/ right here in CA sells ProMag 10 round clips. They are well made and work great in my Mini-14 Target!

San Diego shooter

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
My advise is order the Ruger magazine. These were discontinued in 1978 and I'm quite surprised they offer them again. Looks like the same magazine I paid $150 NIB for in the early '90's. They are out of stock right now but worth the wait and they ALWAYS work.

markasaurus

Bearcat
I bought two pro mags for my bone-stock Mini 14 the 5.56 model. quality fit and finish seem excellent. To be perfectly honest at the range i did have a jam, once. (Be advised my brand new glock 26 did the same thing after about 200 rounds - stovepipe failure to feed - so maybe there's almost no gun that's totally immune to jamming?).

Failure to feed, round stuck with chamber midway open. I put 100 rounds through it that day. I don't know it the mag was a fault. This happened after about 50 rounds, the gun was hot and of course a little bit dirty. I finished off the rest of my ammo and it did not jam again. I always clean the heck outa my guns before and after shooting, so the jam(s) may have been caused by over-lubrication.

The jam on the mini happened about round #5 through the mag so it may well have been the gun and not the mag: i bought it used for $600 showed light wear, but who knows that sort of care it had or what parts like springs got replaced by the former owner, if any.

Markasaurus, as I think you realize, ain't nothing perfect... guns jam... I think they all do every once and a while. Sounds to me like the pro mags are probably just about as good as the factory ones.

mattsbox99

Hunter
They aren't... factory mags are the best, I've never heard a complaint about factory mags (except the price). I've had junk promags jam and swell. Of the aftermarket mags, I believe the Triple K mags are the best.

Meeteetse

Bearcat
Buy Ruger mags, no matter the wait and no matter the price. I think I've tried them all and the Ruger's are the ones I trust. I have a mini 14 in the 580 series.