Before I make this a WTB

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
The big difference is the type of front sight. The Hornet used a 77 style banded sight. Not many out there and if the seller knows what he has , you will pay a premium for it.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Heavy Barrel":mfyp6egx said:
What I expected ! :)

Isn't that the way it always goes? :lol:

I tried finding one online and came up empty handed. I was going to pick one of these up a while back and never did. Got sidetracked chasing down other "items of interest". It basically has the same front sight on it as the centerfire 77's do. A very nice touch to make it more like it's big brothers vs. the rimfire models. If I recall correctly they were only offered in the RS version for maybe the first two years of Hornet production.

When this subject was brought up in the past Hawkeye had some great input about the numbers and collectible status of these rifles.

Heavy Barrel

Single-Sixer
rugerjunkie":ixnhb5rn said:
Heavy Barrel":ixnhb5rn said:
What I expected ! :)

Isn't that the way it always goes? :lol:

I tried finding one online and came up empty handed. I was going to pick one of these up a while back and never did. Got sidetracked chasing down other "items of interest". It basically has the same front sight on it as the centerfire 77's do. A very nice touch to make it more like it's big brothers vs. the rimfire models. If I recall correctly they were only offered in the RS version for maybe the first two years of Hornet production.

When this subject was brought up in the past Hawkeye had some great input about the numbers and collectible status of these rifles.

I have a 77/22 Mag RS blue and walnut,thought they would make a nice pair.