Beef-a-roni 'Dutch style'

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Here's a different twist on the plain Mac-n-cheese. I took different ideas from other forum members, and came up with this. First, I was just going to add some ground beef, for a little more sustance. Then I liked the idea of tomatoe sauce, also. So I did both, and came up with this. It taste just like Beef-a-roni. And it's just as easy to make as the Mac-n-cheese.

First I added some oil to my #12 dutch, and browned 1 1/2 lbs. of hamburg, with 1/2 onion. Next, I added 3 Tbl of butter, and 2 1//2 cups of uncooked macaroni. Mix well, so macaroni is well covered in butter/grease. Add 3 cups of milk, and one 12 oz. can of tomatoe sauce. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Add 1 8 oz. bag of shredded cheddar cheese, and mix well. Now Bake at 325 degrees for 75 minutes, covered. Uncover last 15 minutes, to brown. That's it !
beefaroni007.jpg

Beef-a-roni just out of oven.

beefaroni011.jpg

Plate of grub ready to be eaten !

mt

Single-Sixer
Dang, I almost invented that, I had the Black Lab, like in your avatar but no nice plates to serve the meal up. Years ago when it was just me and the pooch, we lived well on a similar recipe. We just used whatever was in the ice box, one pot, some jalepenos and voila....GLOP!

Several years before my Dad died, I moved him and Mom up to Rocksprings to live with me. Mom was well aware of my cooking habits and to this day if I'm cooking she is circleing like a buzzard to make sure I don't mix everything into one pot. I think she'd give your dish an A+ though.

:D mt

Quietdood

Bearcat
I'd eat that. I think you're addicted to the way the top of the dishes look once you're done baking it. If I were a kid in your house, I'd eat the whole top when nobody was looking... cobbler included. :shock: