Beautiful Idaho Country

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dlh38or45

Single-Sixer
This is Meadow Lake, Idaho.

It was good fishing and a beautiful lake.

018.jpg

033.jpg

DLH

sixshot

Buckeye
DLH, boy does that bring back memories! Made my first trip into Meadow Lake 51 years ago, there was no road then, we had to pack the last few miles but the fishing was incredible.
There were 2 brothers still living in the ghost town, in Gillmore, they had a general store, one ran the dry goods part & the other ran the grocery part.......they didn't speak, they fueded for years before one finally died. They had one of the old gas pumps out front, you cranked the fuel up into the glass on top & then let it gravity feed into your car.
We looked for years for the cemetery/boothill, finally found it one day by mistake, we were following a game trail & walked right into several graves, small kids, war veterans, miners, etc. When I first went there several of the old cabins still had furniture in them, handmade rocking chairs, tables , old stoves, tools, some had curtains, one even had a covered walkway to the outhouse, that was the best place to find the old whiskey bottles.....down in the one holer :oops:
Thanks for sharing!

Dick

gunman42782

Hunter
100_0855.jpg

I can't remember the name of this mountain lake, but it is a few miles outside of Ketchum, Idaho. Beautiful country, that is for sure, and wish I could move there right now.

dougader

Hunter
Beautiful!

I prefer rivers for fishing. This is on the Chetco River on the southern Oregon coast.

ChetcoRiver1.jpg

ChetcoRiver2.jpg

ChetcoRiver3.jpg

ChetcoRiver5.jpg

ChetcoRiver22King.jpg