Bearcat vs. Super Bearcat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lefty315

Bearcat
I have a couple of Single Sixes already. One is a 3 screw the other a 1980's era with .22 mag cylinder. Recently I have had an itch to pick up a Bearcat. Can someone tell me what the difference is between that and the Super Bearcat. I also thought I saw a .22/.22 mag convertible Bearcat once. If so, are they fairly rare?

street

Hunter
The Bearcat has an Alum. frame. where as the Super Bearcat has a steel frame. All Bearcats have an Alum. trigger guard, and about half of the Super Bearcats have Steel Trigger guards. Obout half have Alum. trigger guards. As for the New Bearcat Convertible. Yes it is very rare, around a 1000 made, with at least a hundred maybe more, had their Mag. cylinder returned to the factory, and not returned. Let's hope Flatgate will show his picture of 3 consecutive Convertible "New" Bearcats.

flatgate

Hawkeye
I heard from a very reliable source that the New Bearcat Magnum Cylinder "Recall" resulted in 300 cylinders being returned to the Factory for the $40 rebate.

Three New Bearcat Convertibles:

128516925.jpg

I purchased two as a "Factory Shipped Consecutive Pair" and then put the third gun in the set with "a little help from my friends". :D

flatgate

street

Hunter
flatgate":ndwjob51 said:
I heard from a very reliable source that the New Bearcat Magnum Cylinder "Recall" resulted in 300 cylinders being returned to the Factory for the $40 rebate.

Three New Bearcat Convertibles:

128516925.jpg

I purchased two as a "Factory Shipped Consecutive Pair" and then put the third gun in the set with "a little help from my friends". :D

flatgate

I never get tired of looking a great set of rare Rugers!!!!! I know that they are not "Old Models", but a great set of guns, and almost impossible to put together.

Latest posts