Bearcat ERH

Help Support Ruger Forum:

PotatoJudge

Single-Sixer
What's the longest ERH available for the Bearcat? Having Clements build up a Shopkeeper with a longer barrel and trying to decide on a barrel length +/- barrel band but I don't know that I've seen a barrel band that didn't abut the ERH.

I'm wanting a 5-6 inch barrel and a dovetail front sight which I think would look better with a barrel band to help reduce the front sight height but the ERH is a catching point.

Thoughts?

PotatoJudge

Single-Sixer
Thanks Fox. I think Bowen carries one that's maybe 4.25 " but that's the longest I've seen.

Does anyone know of an ERH from another model or maker that could work?

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Yes. When Ruger was only supplying alloy Housings for the Bearcat, I slimmed down the 4" steel housing from the other models. You could do that with the 5" super Blackhawk housing used on the 10" barrel model.

Available from Brownells and Ruger:
Blue 5" ejector housing w/screw: Brownells # 780-001-198 Ruger # 90179 (MRO22098) $27.57
Rod : # 780-001-201 # MR5510 $ 4.53
Spring : # 780-000-626 # KSM04400 $ 2.99

Or this guy makes them and may make a longer one for you.
Steel Bearcat ejector housings website; $37.99:
http://www.ewkarms.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=14

PotatoJudge

Single-Sixer
I like those ideas Hondo. Might need to talk to Clements about slimming a Blackhawk ERH. Alternatively, I have a friendly local Jeweler who has laser welded some delicate surgical instruments for me that could probably handle splicing an ERH for me. Whether he'd let me pay for the work is another matter... nice guy!