Bearcat 1970

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Conman

Bearcat
I went to my gunsmith Saturday to pick up my 1906 slide action. Of course, I had to look in the glass case. There lay a Bearcat. I did not own one; now I do. The only one I had ever seen was one a friend of mine bought for his wife in France back in 1959. Therefore, I am totally ignorant of details.

Here are a couple of photos of this one. From what I read it was made in 1970; last year of the first group.

I think my only question at this time is: are these the proper grips that it came with? Information is a little different, depending on what forum I read.

Bearcat Right Side.jpg
Bearcat Left Side with Holster.jpg

Conman

Bearcat
My only concern was I didn't understand all I read. Originals were plastic checkered; then walnut plain; then the Ruger inlays, etc. Looks like the ones on mine are correct. I like them. Thanks.

welcome to the forum, your grips are proper for that vintage, the first, early grips of 1958 were smooth, a polymer, believe Ruger called it "wonderwood" to look like wood grain,back then even Colt called their polymer "simulated wood grain" grips "Coltwood",,,,,,,,,,, then later Ruger put the walnuts like yours, with the medallions....when the 50th anniversary Bearcat came out, they again were smooth, BUT walnut, no medallions......they never came with checkering.......Nice gun:cool:;)

KIR

Sparks, NV
My Bearcat shipped in 1962 does not have the Ruger logo/button at the top of the grips.
I gave the gun to my son and G'daughter as they really liked it. It was too small for my hand. While I had a Convertible Single Six, mfg. in 1967, which I gave to my other son, I recently bought a new Convertible Single Six.

Latest posts