Be careful with those fireworks kiddies LOL

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hi,

It's been said the Good Lord looks out for idiots and small children. I'm glad to see's He's still on duty...

Rick C
I resemble that remark.... back in the day I blew myself up more than once and I'm not talking about a little firecracker....

I actually decided I had used up my luck when the end cap from a 2" x12" section of pipe packed with black powder tickled my ear as it went by.

Ride1949

Single-Sixer
I resemble that remark.... back in the day I blew myself up more than once and I'm not talking about a little firecracker....

I actually decided I had used up my luck when the end cap from a 2" x12" section of pipe packed with black powder tickled my ear as it went by.
Every once in a while Darwin gives one a pass.🤪

eveled

Hunter
7878A5F9 AA04 4DEB A5B5 0C82C30217EA

Hunter-Stewart barracks area. Let's see, a 32 gal trash can 3/4 full of water, one medium size box of Tide, an artillery simulator attached to a brick. Pull lanyard on simulator/brick and immediately drop it into trash can. Rapidly place top on can and haul freight!!! VERY LOUD "WHOOMP!" No idea where the lid ended up. Lots and lots and lots of soap bubbles ... everywhere. We won't talk about the APs that arrived and asked LOTS of questions. No one saw or knew anything about it.

Last edited:

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Every once in a while Darwin gives one a pass.🤪
Hi,

Darwin was at work yesterday, We usually can count on at least one seriously mangled hand on the 4th of July--this one went a little further: guy had a big mortar fired firework. These are designed to be fired from a ground mount, not hand held. Someone didn't read the instructions and lit it off from a hand held position, maybe like an RPG?

Reports were that he'd lost a hand, half his face, and a goodly chunk of his skull. Around here they like to describe a lot of accidental deaths as being "pronounced upon reaching the hospital." Maybe a liability thing. This guy got no such tender treatment. He was such a mess he was pronounced as soon as the first paramedic was out of his rig.

Rick C

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
Y'all realize the same arguments why fireworks are too dangerous , as that guns are too dangerous .

Enigma

Hunter
Hunter-Stewart barracks area. Let's see, a 32 gal trash can 3/4 full of water, one medium size box of Tide, an artillery simulator attached to a brick. Pull lanyard on simulator/brick and immediately drop it into trash can. Rapidly place top on can and haul freight!!! VERY LOUD "WHOOMP!" No idea where the lid ended up. Lots and lots and lots of soap bubbles ... everywhere. We won't talk about the APs that arrived and asked LOTS of questions. No one saw or knew anything about it.

That story reminds me of an episode from my errant youth in South Korea, and a repurposed grenade simulator cut open, and the powder used to make homemade firecrackers. They proved to be quite robust! Fortunately, no police or military intervention appeared afterwards. The group of miscreants involved scattered very quickly. Some alcohol may have been involved.

SAN ANTONIO — A man is dead after lighting a firework on top of his head, according to San Antonio Police.
Police responded to the 800 block of Harriman Place on the southwest side of town just after midnight on Tuesday morning.
A witness and a friend told police that the man, identified by the Bexar County Medical Examiner as Pablo Ruiz, 43, was shooting off fireworks with them when he decided to light a mortar-style firework from on top of his head.
Officials believe the firework exploded from the bottom of the tube, instantly piercing the top portion of the victim's head.

Police reported that witnesses told them that Ruiz had been drinking at the time of the incident.
YA THINK :)

Ruiz died at the scene from severe head trauma from the explosion.

Latest posts