Be a NARC for Wal-Mart!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Plinker MKII

Bearcat
I bought some .22 Federal Lightning from Wal-Mart the other day in the 50 round box for $1.47. Just happened to look closely at the box and there is a sticker on the top...
ca0509.jpg

Do they know something we don't? Maybe bluffing the hoarders that resell the stuff? If I rat someone out, is there a reward? :?:
The sticker is one of those permanent kind and not easily removed.
Interesting huh?

mike7mm08

Buckeye
I have seen these stickers on other items from time to time at walmart also at walgreens. Don't know what it is all about maybe to deter resellers or theft before it reaches the stores.

My questions is "So?" No to the poster but to Wallmart....

Somebody needs to call and find out what the Wallruss is going to do about it.

Say your local gun store owner goes to wallyworld and buys a case of 22s and then marks them up a dollar a box... is there some kind of law against this?

45longcolt

Bearcat
At the last Dallas Gun SHow, Market Hall, I saw the (100) round bulk pack of .380 ammo that WalMart sells for only $129.50 each! These were most likely purchased at WalMart for $30 something dollars. I applaud their efforts to help curb outrageous ammo prices. :D

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Hey, I have a bunch of "Pre-Stickered" ammo I will sell ya and the best part is you can sell it over and over again and wal-mart will never know :lol:

I personally think this is insane...

But, if the ammo is used in a crime now the victoms will know where the criminals got their ammo which certainly seems like a bad thing for Wal-Mart too.

Three50seven

Buckeye
hittman":fxy3fptv said:
45longcolt":fxy3fptv said:
I applaud their efforts to help curb outrageous ammo prices. :D

You really think that's their motive? Pleeeaase......Walmart's motive has always been profit regardless of how they "market" it. At BEST this is marketing.

They could be doing a survey for the Gov't to close what someone believes is another Gun Show Loophole.

+1

I'd do anything to screw Walmart over! I'd buy some to resell just out of spite :twisted:

mt

Single-Sixer
I think Wally is wasting money on the stickers.

Let freedom reign, Wally sold the item for what they asked. The new owner can sell them or not at his price. No one is being forced to buy or sell at any price.

Freedom is a great thing...embrace it.

mt

VAdoublegunner

Single-Sixer
And every box is coded so it can be tied in to your credit card if it shows up at a gun show dealer's table.

"Ahhh, they're after me! A squadron of Black Hum-arounds is heading down the street right now with a red vested infantry of Door Greeters and Receipt Checkers behind. Doomed! Not even a phalanx of zombie arms and tricked out 10/22s could help ... the horror!!"

G. Freeman

Bearcat
When a shipment of ammo arrives at Walmart and it's gone even before it hits the shelves then there's a high likelihood someone from the inside is getting a kickback from an outsider. This outsider may be a dealer, then resells the ammo at a huge mark-up.

IMO, Walmart is just looking out for regular Joe's like us, so when we go there, we can still get ammo at reasonable prices. Is there a law against this? I don't know. But it appears there are many opportunists out there who are not helping with this ammo shortage and ridiculous prices.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I also think, "so...?" Just find it funny how ppl continually complain about WalMart yet shop there just to save a few dollars, find issues with things such as this stickering and hate them for pulling firearms out of some stores.

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
I have no problem with walmart doing that. Maybe some of us might actually be able to buy ammo one of these days if the stickers actually help even a little bit.

But, I'm also not anti walmart either. My mom worked there for 15 yrs and they treated her great when she got cancer.

CajunBass

Single-Sixer
It looks to me like it's saying, "If you see this somewhere else, you'll know why there isn't any ammo for you to buy at Wal-Mart."

But then I've never gotten into Wal-Mart hating either. I know, they're the source of all evil and all that, but it's ok with me. :roll:

omalon

Bearcat
I think the Walmart stickers are a good idea. The local Super Walmart has a problem with gun retailers buying all the hard to get ammo and the 6 box limit isn't working because the dealers just send another buyer until the ammo is all gone. I was lucky and got the last Bulk (550) Federals 22LR HP for $12.67.

Snake45

Hawkeye
I like the sticker!

If you find this stuff in a gun shop or gun show, it lets you know where the seller got it, and reminds you that YOU can buy the stuff at Walmart, too, and eliminate the middleman.

I buy a tremendous amount of .22LR ammo at Walmart. Or do, when they have it. They haven't had much in the last two months or so.

edlmann

Blackhawk
Plinker MKII":1elp7d16 said:
I bought some .22 Federal Lightning from Wal-Mart the other day in the 50 round box for $1.47. Just happened to look closely at the box and there is a sticker on the top...
ca0509.jpg

Do they know something we don't? Maybe bluffing the hoarders that resell the stuff? If I rat someone out, is there a reward? :?:
The sticker is one of those permanent kind and not easily removed.
Interesting huh?

One or more local gun show ammo sellers resell Federal bulk pack .22 (550 rounds, cat # 750), which is only found at Wal*Mart.