Be a NARC for Wal-Mart!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

louiethelump

Buckeye
I am pretty much a WalMart fan, but some of the things they do I don't like. My daughter and my son were both WalMart asst store managers for a time, so I am not making this up or bitter.

The WM near me is in the small town of Bushnell, FL, and since there is no other big store competitor nearby, they charge more for nearly everything in the store than the WM in Brooksville that has competition. Dog food 20 lb bag is 2 dollars more. Intro release DVD movies are 19.95 instead of 17.95 at the other stores. If you ask them to price match to other store's ads, they refuse saying they don't have to since those stores are not in their market.

Now the topper: the WM in Bushnell, goes to the CVS pharmacy a mile away, buys ALL of the gallons of milK from CVS, and then marks it up to the higher WM price and sells it in the WM. Since the CVS now has no milk, they don't have to price match the CVS price. They send an asst manager to do this on a daily basis. SOOOOOO,,,,,, they are a bit shy about having their stuff bought and re-sold, and they know it happens because THEY DO IT

My wife picked me up 6 boxes of the Remington 550 packs of .22 ammo at the WM in Zephyrhills, about 25 miles south of the Bushnell store (that has NO 22 bulk) for Father's day. They stopped the 2 box limit and raised it to a 6 box limit for father's day. That was nice of them and they had a whole pallet of it.

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
I avoid the place unless absolutely necessary.
I hate the stores bigger than 3 football fields, and the Chinese junk,
and the people who frequent there because they don't have a life.
It's a potpourri of everything sucky.

louiethelump

Buckeye
That is the way it appears Cajun,,,,,,,,, kinda like those folks that cling to their guns and bibles.............. you know,,,,,,,,,,,, those dumb southerners

slippingaway

Blackhawk
One other possible reason that Walmart is labeling this was addressed in another thread, I think in the "what's your deal" section. Seems there have been quite a few Walmart employees buying up a lot of ammo, using their employee discount, then probably reselling a bunch of it.

Every place I ever worked, it was a big no-no to use your discount for someone else, and especially to use your discount and then re-sell the stuff. Once you figure an employee discount in, Wal-mart is no longer making a profit. This seems like a good way for Wal-mart to investigate and see if it is indeed an employee getting this ammo for resale.

firebirdv8

Bearcat
Maybe people will actually leave me a box or two of ammo now. I live an hour away from my Walmart and have to compete with everyone in Flagstaff, AZ for that ammo. I have not won that lottery since 2009 started, since I only make the trip every other week.

10mm

Single-Sixer
I have seen way too many examples where Dealers have purchased in excess from Wal-Mart only to mark up thier ammo 100% or more. Pisses me off. The sad part is, I see folks paying these prices, particularly at gun shows. So maybe these Wal-mart stickers will make people think, and go to Wal-Mart instead and realize how they are being ripped off. If enough folks refuse to pay double prices (gouging) for ammo, then the effect of economics will get the dealers attention. Maybe then when I'm at Wal-Mart I can buy a box of ammo. I tip my hat to Wal-Mart on this one.

redeux

Bearcat
retiredsquid":3w0gpq0w said:
I know of two dealers that go to Wal-Mart stores and buy them out and then sell the ammo at inflated prices in their shops. :roll:

I just try to beat them to the store. :lol:
our local range has been buying out WM and doubling the price of everything ...

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
firebirdv8":270hll0w said:
Maybe people will actually leave me a box or two of ammo now. I live an hour away from my Walmart and have to compete with everyone in Flagstaff, AZ for that ammo. I have not won that lottery since 2009 started, since I only make the trip every other week.

firebird, what do you need besides 22? I'm in Cottonwood and do manage to grab a few boxes from time to time. At WW this morning I saw 40, 38 +p, 9mm, 25 (who cares). Be willing to help out. Send me a PM.

Jeff

kyhareraiser

Bearcat
could be some of the new numbered ammo they speak of and this way they have video of everyone who bought it plus their credit card info for contact info ????????????????????????hell who knows

bustamove

Bearcat
I think we're missing the point about Walmart putting a sticker on their ammo and asking the public to let them know who else is selling their stuff for profit.

We all know any store is out there to make a profit, so that part is a given. BUT! Wally World is selling ammo at great prices to us the consumer. Who else is doing this for us???? AND! When these clowns buy up all of the cheap ammo at Wally World and there is absolutely none left for us when we go into the store to buy some. Who complains the most???

It's people that hate Wally World the most would be the first to complain is who. So now we as the consumer are politely screwed because we now have to buy from the smaller stores who buy their ammo cheaper at Wally World cheaper than they can from their own supplier. So we pay a larger cost for our ammo needs. And Wally World is the bad guy here??

They are watching out for us and them self at the same time. It's business. So to heck with these clowns who buy up all of the cheap ammo and then mark it up 50% to 150% and beyond.

In the end, who looses? Not the clowns who sell the ammo they bought all of it up at Wally World and are now selling it to you at huge mark-ups.

I mean who's the Bad Guy? It ain't Walmart. Personally I have to applaud them for trying to keep it in stock for us and selling it at a decent price.

And NO, I don't work for them. It's just common sense.

scuffler

Bearcat
cherokeeXJ.45":27il69wv said:
hittman":27il69wv said:
45longcolt":27il69wv said:
I applaud their efforts to help curb outrageous ammo prices. :D

You really think that's their motive? Pleeeaase......Walmart's motive has always been profit regardless of how they "market" it. At BEST this is marketing.

They could be doing a survey for the Gov't to close what someone believes is another Gun Show Loophole.

+1

I'd do anything to screw Walmart over! I'd buy some to resell just out of spite :twisted:

Why do you hate walmart? Are you a leftist who hate capitalism and freedom?
Or are you a union thug, who wants everyone to do things your way?

scuffler

Bearcat
Rich people provide jobs for those of us who are not rich, its like duh :)

When someone starts a company, they don't do it for you, they don't do it to help the community, they are not your Mommy or your Daddy, they do it to make money, a profit, plain and simple.

This class war fare stuff was the same thing Hitler used to divide the people and then enslave them all to the power of the state.

First the communist's makes the poor hate the rich, then they get the votes or support of the poor who are more numerous, then they take everything from everyone making slaves out of all.