Baseball Season

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My wife does this group buy of tickets each year through her work. This year we bought tickets for seven games. It's nice, because we get these seats on row 5, behind the first base. They played the Cubs. We couldn't stay for the whole game, but the Rangers did win. There were a lot of Cubs fans in the crowd. I'd bet close to half, if not more.

GYMBlQ9h.jpg

My daughter got a ball from one of the players! It made her day. It says "Final Season" because next year, they will be finished with the new stadium! The new one will be air conditioned. Which will be nice, but, it just won't feel the same.

1EM12qgh.jpg

X6BX5K4h.jpg

9wQuuvhh.jpg

Baseball! My all time favorite sport!

I am envious of the folks that have easy access to MLB.

Portland has had many farm teams over many years, until they turned the baseball stadium into a soccer stadium. No more baseball. :cry:

coach

Hunter
1st base side is a nice place to watch the game from.
When the Yankees or Boston play the Orioles it seems like half the seats are filled their fans too.

The best part?

We used to have seats on the third base line. Not as much action on that side, more at the first base,

AND!

The First Base seats are in the shade by 3 pm.

Cholo

Staff member
Great seats, Kevin! I'll be going to 3 Cleveland Indians games in a few weeks when I go visit my boy. I'm looking forward to it! I hope it's not snowing :)

Dave:
We used to go to games in Seattle at SafeCo Field a lot. It's a pretty nice stadium, I remember they had garlic french fries, which were actually really, really good.

By comparison, I try to not eat the food at any Ranger's games.

Kevin said:
Dave:
We used to go to games in Seattle at SafeCo Field a lot. It's a pretty nice stadium, I remember they had garlic french fries, which were actually really, really good.

By comparison, I try to not eat the food at any Ranger's games.

Yep, the odor of garlic fries is prevalent in the ballpark. They have changed the field name to T-Mobile Park starting this season. It is a beautiful park....

The wife and I have season tickets to the Aberdeen Ironbirds. They are part of the NY-PENN League which is Short Season A. They start in June and end in early September. They are an Orioles farm team. I have Manny Machado's signature on a ball from his first year playing. He's come a long way since then.

coach

Hunter
Frank, a company I worked for used to have season tickets to the iron birds that we often used. The seats were behind the plate about 6 rows back. Interesting seats to be close and try not to flinch on those line fouls. There was a guy about two rows in front whi was usually there that constantly berated the umpire when he didn't like the call. At least he kept it clean. The dollar hotdog nights were always nice. We haven't been back since that job ended.

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
Atlanta is the closest MLB park to me, and I HATE the drive to and in Atlanta.. I usually settle for watching a few Memphis Red Birds games. AA and AAA baseball can be a lot of fun. A lot of them are very kid-friendly and we've had birthday parties for the grandkids at the park. Not terribly expensive to rent a box for a game. I do love me some baseball. Both grandsons that live here are playing and I'm enjoying watching them.

AkRay

Single-Sixer
The baseball here in Fairbanks is the Alaska Goldpanners. It's a summer league for players on their way to the Majors. I think they're a team with the Dodgers. Lots of guys who made it to the big leagues spent some summers playing baseball here. Their signature game is the Midnight Sun game that's played on June 21st and starts at 10 pm and goes until 2:00 am and is played without artificial lights.