Balck Hills 44 mag ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jpickar

Blackhawk
The boys were home for Christmas. We shot our 44's yesterday and today.
I have a bunch of Black Hills 240gr lead 44 mag ammo. Yesterday we shot our S&W 629's. We were shooting a railroad tie plate at 60, 80 and 100 yards. It seems as though the ammo was not that accurate. As we would hit maybe 2 out of 6 shots at 60 and 80 yards and only 1 hit at 100 yards. Some shots were as far as 15" off

I tried my Ruger SBH 5.5" barrel today and did not do any better.

Has anyone else shot Black Hill ammo in 44 mag and what kind of results did you get with it? I'm not very impressed with it so far.

Thanks, John

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
I think you're having a problem with a lose nut on the trigger assembly. We routinely shoot tin cans at 250 yards with BLACK Hills 44MAG ammunition from several different 44MAG sixguns with barrels from 4" to 8 3/8", and every step in between.

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
WIL TERRY":2kcy2s33 said:
I think you're having a problem with a lose nut on the trigger assembly. We routinely shoot tin cans at 250 yards with BLACK Hills 44MAG ammunition from several different 44MAG sixguns with barrels from 4" to 8 3/8", and every step in between.

Why do you stand so close? :D

jpickar

Blackhawk
Wil Terry,

ha ha :lol: :lol: . Well when I shoot my reloads with jacketed bullets I hit a lot more easier.
I will try again when it warms up a bit and hope that helps.

John