Back to my LC9s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The LC9s was my everyday carry for several years but then I started carrying a S&W642 because it was so light and easy to just slip into my pocket in a Desantis pocket holster. Then after awhile I became a bit paranoid about the limitation of just 5 rounds, especially in a gun that I am only confident of my ability to hit a target at very, very short distances. So I went to a Glock 26 which is a fine gun, and carries 11 rounds, and is absolutely reliable. But it is thick. Worked well in an OtW holster, but not so well in a IWB holster, and not at all well as a pocket pistol. So now my trusty LC9s is back in my pocket. I can live with only 8 rounds and can carry a second mag if I want to do so. The LC9s has been 100% reliable for me, and frankly, I can't really see any reason not to stay with this little gun from here on in.

I own several guns, enjoy shooting guns, and I am a fervent supporter of gun rights. But I don't obsess over the fine points of which firearms might be infintesimally better than a certain other firearm. I don't begrudge gun enthusiasts who are always seeking perfection, nor do I have any problem with people who are tremendously better marksman than I am, and to whom even a minor improvement in accuracy or mechanical function might be quite important. I just feel lucky to live at a time when there is an enormous variety of fine guns, all of which could meet my needs of defending myself and my family both at home and away, are easy to conceal, and highly reliable. From my very basic perspective, I don't really imagine that there is any gun that is so superior to my LC9s that it is worth my worrying about it or lusting for it.