Baby formula shortage?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

toysoldier

Hunter
I realize that this is a microcosm of a big problem, but---I was shopping at Wal-Mart yesterday, and there were several packages each of three kinds of formula on the clearance shelves. WTF?

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
Be careful what you purchase right now and be suspect of sales and bent or damages cans and boxes. Check expiration dates! Some of this "stuff" (food supplies) has been sitting in containers for months if not a year in the hot sun because of Covid restrictions and driver shortages. Was shopping at a Weis yesterday and saw both issues; damaged soup cans and expiration dates of June and July 2022.

The Preacher

Last edited:

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
Yep, they are. But "use by" dates at major grocery stores that are within a month or two are old and likely have been sitting on a boat or dock for months. Current canned goods should have dates of 2023 or 2024, not June/July of 2022...That's all I'm saying.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
A C-17 arrived at the Memphis airport yesterday and the cargo of babies' was transferred to FedEx MD-11s for distribution. More due to arrive today from Germany.

And, for some reason, some are being trucked to Pennsylvania.

Bob Wright