Baby formula shortage

Help Support Ruger Forum:

toysoldier

Hunter
My son was breastfed for 9 months. My daughter, who arrived very early and spent a month in NICU, was exclusively breast-fed for 2 years. Both grew up strong and healthy.

I love it. A bunch of (I assume) old white men discussing baby formula and what they think is best for how some should take care of their babies.

hittman

Staff member
Some of us were very active in raising our children. My wife would verify that I did everything she did, except of course the breast feeding thingy. ;)

Yep, I took my turn feeding and diaper changing in the middle of the night. Did my share of missing work while at home with a sick kid so SHE could work. We shared duties taking kids to and from daycare. When the girls had Swim Team practice at the high school over the winter months …. It was dear ole dad who took them in the snow at 5 a.m.

We had a granddaughter live with us from age 1 to 4. Also had a foster son here at about age 13. Lord knows THAT can be a fun year for kids.

badguybuster

Single-Sixer
Goats milk was widely used until the early 1920s. Its one of the most nutritious in the animal kingdom. That being said, its insane that in a 1st world country this is an issue. My wife went to wal-mart today and said the Carnation Instant Breakfast and Pediasure were all sold out. The person working that area said parents are buying it as a substitute for formula.

prowler

Single-Sixer
I am glad, I don't have to worry about it, but I feel very sad to see our country giving or hard-earned tax money and product to other country instead to our citizens.

But I will say if a parent wants to bottle feed then they should be able to get it before illegals.
If the babies who need the formula were born here, they aren’t illegal. Besides, babies don’t know their legal status, they are just hungry. Regardless, ALL babies need proper nutrition.

This isn’t an “us vs them” situation, it’s a human rights situation.

Montelores

Buckeye
“This isn't an "us vs them" situation, it's a human rights situation.”

It’s also a result of government powers.

Both the formula and the illegal issues.

Foreigners massing at our borders for entry into the U.S., having risked family and fortune, because of the vagaries of political winds and the lack of conviction of our congress to pass a clear and unambiguous immigration law, doesn’t help the way one might hope.

I was just transported by an Uber driver who visited this country from Nigeria, overstayed his visa, and now is here illegally in the eyes of the federal government.

The only way he can remain legally is to marry an American citizen.

He’s only here working because of the sanctuary city policy of Chicago.

He says there is no other way for him to remain legally in America.

The federal government wields a large hammer, and when that hammer misses, it leaves a big mark.

Monty

314Chevy

Single-Sixer
Interesting side note, baby formula is used to cut cocaine, heroin and meth. No wonder its going south.

Daryl

Bearcat
The times they are a changin'...

Attachments

• aa shortage.jpg
    aa shortage.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 35
Another article . . .

"How did a baby formula crisis spring up in one of the world's richest countries? Experts say a recall by one of the industry's largest manufacturers, persistent supply-chain issues, and a market dominated by only a few players have combined to form what one consumer goods expert calls a "perfect storm" affecting the supply of essential formula to millions of babies across the U.S. And the shortage could last for months."

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
OH MY HEAVENS!!! - - - ALL THE BABIES WILL STARVE!
Anyone ELSE remember cows milk, and if the baby needs additional/specific nutrition,
look on Amazon at the PLETHORA if additives available?

Sigh

"Shortage" my aching left hind foot.

NikA

Buckeye
OH MY HEAVENS!!! - - - ALL THE BABIES WILL STARVE!
Anyone ELSE remember cows milk, and if the baby needs additional/specific nutrition,
look on Amazon at the PLETHORA if additives available?

Sigh

"Shortage" my aching left hind foot.
Not supposed to feel kids under 1 too much dairy, it's a balance between getting them the nutrition they need and not causing iron deficiency with too much calcium.

Uh-oh . . . another view . . .

Fox News' Sean Hannity shared photos that falsely claimed to show "pallets and pallets" of baby formula at the southern border that were reserved for "illegal immigrants," which CNN quickly debunked, calling the "Fox and Friends" segment an "illuminating example" in "outrage creation."

Florida Rep. Kat Cammack joined the Fox News host on Friday to talk about the national shortage of baby formula. She's among several Republicans who have decried President Joe Biden over his decision to provide baby formula to migrant infants. Cammack has been on several Fox shows to express outrage over the issue and shared photos she said were given to her by a Customs and Border Patrol agent.

"The photo Hannity pointed to, and the one that followed it, showed boxes and boxes clearly labeled NIDO," the report, titled "Outrage Creation," read. "As anyone at Fox could have discovered with about a minute's worth of fact-checking, NIDO is not baby formula; it is powdered milk. As its maker, Nestlé, specifically notes: 'NIDO® products are only intended for children ages 1 year and older.'"

Last edited:

unionprez

Single-Sixer
Those pallets were not formula, they were evaporated milk. Trusting Sean Hannity and Fox News gets you nowhere. They're just going for the ratings.

unionprez

Single-Sixer
To add to my previous post, CNN and MSNBC and most of the other cable news networks do the same thing.

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
Not supposed to feel kids under 1 too much dairy, it's a balance between getting them the nutrition they need and not causing iron deficiency with too much calcium.
And yet millions of kids from my generation did just fine. I guess we were made of tougher stuff than today’s babies.

Didn’t seem to hurt my kids either. Sometimes I think this stuff is made up by folks who want to push things like formula.

Heck kids did without it for, well forever and the species has done just fine.

Montelores

Buckeye
"I guess we were made of tougher stuff than today's babies."

"Heck kids did without it for, well forever and the species has done just fine."

It seems like these two statements are at odds with each other.

Monty

Latest posts