SOLD Axtell Lower Sporter 45-70

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jgraham1

Buckeye
SPF

Up for sale is an Axtell Rifle Company Sharps 1877 Lower Sporter model in 45-70 with standard weight 30" tapered octagon barrel, double-set triggers, walnut straight stock and Schnabel forend. Has the checkered steel Sharps style shotgun buttplate, Axtell #5 Mid-Range Transition tang sight (knob adjustable for windage and elevation), with Hadley eyecup, and Axtell #18 Windguage with spirit level clip (5 inserts) front sight. A Sharps Ebony grip was an add on. I have owned this rifle for over 20 years, and have fired it approximately 100 times. In 2013, I sent it to gunsmith John King as the hammer was not operating correctly. He sent it to Shiloh Sharps who corrected the issue and I have a few spare parts returned to me. I have that paperwork and original parts from that work, along with the original Axtell factory brochure that came with the rifle.

Overall length is 46.5" and length of pull is 13.75" with barrel diameters of 1.1" at the breach and .900" at the muzzle. Rifle weighs about 9 pounds and needs a new home. The sights and Ebony grip are all factory additions. Rifle is in excellent condition.

An FFL is required and your dealer must accept from a private individual. Will ship for $3600. No electronic payments or trades. Contact me with any questions and thanks for looking.

Jerry

Last edited: