AW RATS!! Just missed it!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
A used Ruger 44 mag carbine, for 300. A friend scarffed it up and gloated as he showed it to me. Stock needed refinishing, no dings, butt plate worn. Sigh, gotta be quicker. greg

TDF

Single-Sixer
I wanted a 44 carbine for quite a while and chased a few at auctions that always seemed to bring well more than they were worth. Then one day I'm at a gunshow and there's a one on a table for 375. The metal is good but the wood has quite a few marks in it, still it's well cheaper than I'd seen others for so I haggled him down to 350 and bought it. Then a couple of weeks later I wander into the local Scheels (large chain gun store) and there's a super fine example. RS model (receiver sight) for $325. Didn't hesitate.....just slapped the money down. Moral of the story. Just Wait. Maybe you'll get lucky and another will come along.

TDF

Stan in SC

Bearcat
TDF is correct.You'll get lucky.I got to looking last year and all of a sudden three came my way at good prices.Bought them all.Then a lever 96/44 fell into my lap so to speak.Three weeks ago I stumbled onto a LNIB stainless 77/44 after looking for three years.Patience,grasshopper.

Stan in SC