Availability?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mdw104

Bearcat
The local shop I go to, and shoot at, had four in stock this past weekend. Of course that was a week after the gun show where I bought mine. :roll: They were listed at $330. One sold while I was there. They told me that they gave up on the waiting list approach.

I don't know about the steel mag catches...

halfmoonclip

Bearcat
Okay, local shop is asking $3C and a current production gun has the steel mag catch.
There's still a waiting list, so I put my name on it.
Full disclosure; I have a 370 series that went thru' the recall; I'll take a new one for a spare. It's less trouble than stocking up with spare parts.
I didn't see a waiting list for .380s but that is another question.
Moon

welldoya

Single-Sixer
I'm not seeing a lot of LCPs on the shelves but always seem to get there the day after they sold the last one. I know several people that have bought them lately at local shops.
I've been hearing prices of $289 - $329. Academy seems to have their own little package going - the LCP with two mags in a hard case for $350.
You can tell by looking on GB that they are becoming more available. Some are not selling in the $320 range and that would not have happened a few months ago.
I've called 4 stores and they all told me that they are getting them in fairly regularly now. It was just a matter of time.

halfmoonclip

Bearcat
I caved in today and spent a little too much for a Gander Mountain LCP. Other places had them cheaper, but they didn't have any. Guy gave me a decent trade on my P3AT. I could have waited, but instant gratification has its rewards. If the Obamaites suddenly make gun control noises, things will be made out of unobtanium again...
Anyway, seems nicely made and functions smoothly. I even have some .380s squirreled away to test hop it.
Moon

Brules

Single-Sixer
I saw a used LCP sell at a Wilmington, Ohio gunshow for $375, plus tax.
The buyer told me he thought it was a good deal.
I told him I purchased mine for $319.

kscott

Single-Sixer
I hadn't seen one for a long while until last weekend. I saw one at a local Big R for $319. A couple days later I drove up to a gun shop to get my LCR and they said they had sold 2 earlier that day. So I'd definitely say they're becoming more available but still not common

halfmoonclip

Bearcat
Oh, I'm sure, since I spent my money, they will be all over the damn place.
Looked in my records; I paid all of $225 for the P3, brand new.
Moon

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I've yet to actually see one first hand. One shop had a used one in but it lasted just a couple days.

halfmoonclip

Bearcat
The saga continues.
The LCP I got at Gander had the offcenter firing pin strikes. No misfires, but the strikes were so far out that they were touching the rounded edge of the primer.
After a problem or two with the online mailer, gun was out of my hands for eleven days. Came back with a new slide and the barrel feedramp polished. Gun shoots real straight, firing pin strikes fixed.
GREAT SERVICE.
Moon