Auto Ordnance 1911 upgrade.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
About 15 years ago I bought a 1911 clone made by Auto Ordnance. I picked it up in a local pawnshop for $200.00 plus tax out the door. Guns were still cheap to buy back then. The gun was in new condition, except it had some ugly grips on it which I quickly replaced with a set of thin ones made by Pearce. The gun never worked properly. Failures to feed and extract. The one magazine that came with the gun was a Mec-Gar. I tried a few more Mec-Gar magazines and some Chip Mccormic Shooting Star magazines with the same problems. It wound up sitting at the rear of the gun safe for many years as I got more into into revolvers and Ruger Mark series pistols. I have have replacement parts for all my firearms including the 1911. So a few days ago I started watching YouTube 1911 videos. So tuesday I took it out and field stripped it and cleaned it. It has a full length guide rod I put in years ago. I replaced the unknown recoil spring with a new 16 pound one from Wolff Gun Springs and a new extractor from Wilson Combat. The extractor seemed to be property adjusted, so I left it alone. I lubed it up in all the right places with some Hoppes gun oil and put it back together. Yesterday I drove up in the mountains about 45 minutes from my house. I ran a full box of UMC 230 grain ball ammo thru without a single problem. Yay yay. I could not be happier. Here is a few pictures of it.

CHEVYINLINE6.

Attachments

• 1911one.jpg
    1911one.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 1911two.jpg
    1911two.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 40
  • 1911three.jpg
    1911three.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 40