ATTENTION ALL CALLSHOT FAN CLUB MEMBERS !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
A call to arms for all Callshot Fan Club members and potential members ! The original purpose of the Fan Club was to honor Steve Call, brother Ruger Forum Member for his undoubting love, respect, and care for his wife, Betty. Betty is suffering from the ravages of MS, a dreadfull disease which attacks the nervous system. Betty is bed ridden, and recently lost the ability to move her left hand, her last appendage she was able to use. She also is battling severe Bronchitis. Her ability to move, retards her bodies ability to fight this condition. Steve cares for Betty, 24/7, without complaint. Even more amazing, is Betty ! She never complains, and yet, somehow manages to maintain a good disposition. Mere mortals would shudder at such trying circumstances. Not Steve and Betty ! The Ruger Forum is their biggest distraction to such trying times. It is their extended family.

Our own sixshot stated, " For those who are not aware of the "Callshot" circumstances I'll give a little re-run of what makes him the man he is.
Several years ago Steve had to take an early retirement to care for his wife Betty, she is bed ridden with MS & not having insurance there really wasn't any other way to give her the proper care she needed/deserved. Steve has taken on the responsibility without a complaint, he does everything, housework, yardwork, all the cooking, he has to spoon feed his wife as she has now lost the use of her hands/arms. She is still very bright & she also has a great outlook on life, their faith is something to behold!"

All I ask, is that you send a simple Valentines Day card to Betty ! This is to honor the love and respect Steve and Betty so dearly hold for one another. I know there are a lot of others in the same predicament, and also as deserving. But I know both of these wonderfull people, and you do too ! Here is a chance to do something nice for someone else this Valentines Day ! A simple card, box of chocolates, or flowers, would be nice. It is the thought that counts. Lets rally around Steve and Betty !

I'm looking for 100 people to make this a 'SPECIAL' Valentines Day for Betty, and Steve ! You can send any cards to,

Stephen L & Betty Call
250 Ct St
Soda Springs, ID 83276

Thanks in advance to all who choose to make this a Special Day for Betty and Steve !

dsc04384-1.jpg

Here is Betty, 2 Christmas' ago !

contender

Ruger Guru
When I first opened this thread,, I was fearing some bad news. I'm so GLAD to see my fears were unfounded.
Of course,, I'll be sending Miss Betty a card,,,!

sixshot

Buckeye
I think Steve & Betty just might be part of one of the biggest famlies in the country, most will never know how much your friendship means to both of them, its very much appreciated!

Dick

Bkat

Blackhawk
I haven't had the privilege of meeting Steve and Betty, but they sure sound like wonderful people--as do the members of the Callshot Fan Club. A card will arrive.

Bkat

Sheriff

Single-Sixer
contender said:
When I first opened this thread,, I was fearing some bad news. I'm so GLAD to see my fears were unfounded.
Of course,, I'll be sending Miss Betty a card,,,!

Same here! Got um on my list!

2 dogs

Buckeye
Do one more thing. PM EVERYONE you think might want to be a part of this! Be INVOLVED in a good thing!!!!

callshot

Blackhawk
Gee, I don't know what to say here. I am just an ordinary man doing his best to shoulder the responsibility of being a husband. I appreciate each one of you as friends here and thank you for your concern. Betty has been able to go 2 days now without coughing and struggling for breath. I will read your comments to her and I know that she will perk up when she hears from you. I still CAN NOT get her to let me take a picture of her with a fan club hat on. I may have to get it photo-shopped on her with her standing on the deck of the cruise ship. :wink: She even vetoed me putting her in the line up of the Radio City Music Hall Rocketts. :shock: We have a good laugh at my suggestions and then she says NO :!: Steve

kirb44

Bearcat
Steve and Betty are great people great friends and always willing to help. Steve can wear many hats and is great at sharing his knowledge with others. He has had his work cut out for him this last year teaching to work with bees and gather honey. But it has been fun for me. I learned a bunch and got some fresh honey and some great bees wax also

Kirb

Fowler

Single-Sixer
I have not been over here for a few days but I will roust up a card and get it there by Valentines days...