At the range.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Last night after work, I was joined by WAYNO, for our first range session of the spring. He was kind enough to bring along his SR-22 rifle. We both shot it quite a bit, and I will have to say, that I was very impressed with it's accuracy, despite having less than a satisfactory trigger. Both of us were able to shoot 1" groups consistently at 50 yds. I'm sure that would improve with a better trigger, but a lot of fun nonetheless. :)

I was also able to shoot my 46 prefix New model Super Single Six, with a 9 1/2" barrel. It was a blast to shoot, especially using 22 Mags. Near the end of the session, I was able to rock a bowling pin at 50 yds, 3 of 6 shots. Not bad considering my poor vision. Old eyes, don't you know!

We both enjoyed shooting those rim fires! Thanks WAYNO for the fun!! :D

Dave

Snake45

Hawkeye
Heliman":gbmfah89 said:
He was kind enough to bring along his SR-22 rifle... Both of us were able to shoot 1" groups consistently at 50 yds.

Dave
What ammo were you using?

Heliman":zld7vmrf said:
I believe it was CCI mini-mag, but will have to check with WAYNO on that.

Actually, this was a combination Mini-Mags, and Stingers. I've been a fan of Stingers for a long time, but in this SR22, both ammo types printed the same place, with the same group.

I had a great time too, Dave. 8)

Thanks.
WAYNO.

hutchman

Blackhawk
Heliman":2ptfuf4n said:
hutchman":2ptfuf4n said:
Sounds like you guys are having way too much fun over on that side of the hump!

hutchman, you ever do any Coyote hunting over by Roosevelt? I heard there is a huge landfill that draws in lots of Coyotes and other critters to that area.

Dave

Nope, not a hunter. I lost interest years ago........on the other hand, coyotes and other varmits would be fun. I'd love to find some whistle pig shootin'!

It would also be fun to have an area get together and do some shootin' this summer!