At the barber shop.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
For maybe the last thirty years, Nita kept my hair up to her liking. She shaved my neck when needed, then trimmed as she thought best. She referred to my hair as my "mane."

After Nita became ill last year she could no longer take care of my hair and I started going to a barber shop, my pick is Sports Clips. There is a young woman there who does a good job and I have made her my go-to barber.

This week I went and as I started to get in the chair, I told her, "After my last haircut, the following Sunday at church, two women complimented me on my hair cut. Thought you'd like to know that."

Her response, "Did you get any dates?"

(No way could I answer that.)

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
She is that. But, under the circumstances it just struck me the wrong way. Can't give any legitimate reason, but still........................

Bob Wright

Bob you are lucky you found someone to go to. My lady barber ran off with the mailman and the two of them haven't been heard from since. The comment you made after seeing the last picture of me standing with Bobby Tyler. "I had assumed the Estine look"...well it's only gotten longer.

6GUNSONLY

Hunter
Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
The girl that had cut my hair for 15 years took maternity leave for her second child, and told me she wasn't going to cut men's hair anymore when she came back. I jokingly said, "so after all these years, you're breaking up with me?"
Since then I've been going to " Johnny B's" barber shop - Johnny is a little Guatemalan about 5' 3". He does a nice haircut and his shop has a retro vibe, kinda like I remember as a kid. After he cuts your hair, his wife shaves your neck and trims around your ears and sideburns with a straight razor. I like it.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Speaking of straight razors, I went to a shop in Tokyo, and decided to get a barbershop shave. The barber was a petite Japanese girl. She was pretty quiet as she worked. Then, shaving my upper lip, she sort of pinched and pulled my nose up to stretch the skin. At that she said, "Sayonora!"

Bob Wright

"Sayonora" is Japanese for "good-bye."

eveled

Hunter
I’ve been cutting my own hair for over 30 years now. The money never bothered me as much as the time spent.

But over the 30 years I’ve saved a lot of money and time.

Somebody holding a straight razor around my neck always made me nervous.

Last edited:

eveled

Hunter
Pictures please.
No no pictures.

In my early 20’s I went to the Barber I had been going to my entire life. He gave me my first haircut, his father gave my father his first haircut.

He told me, you do a good job trimming your beard you obviously have clippers. You should do your head too. He gave me some pointers and sent me on my way.

My hair grows straight out of my head, like a straight afro, like a chia pet. So I’ve always just gotten a “wiffle” or a flat top. But I need one every couple weeks.

I didn’t mean to imply that I was doing anything special, just that my haircut is simply and I do it myself.

Latest posts