Are these collectors?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

300 H&H

Bearcat
Hello Ruger Fans, :D

My first post here. I have a pair of Ruger 77V rifles in 220 Swift. The older one is Dec of 73 ship date I was told. It has a flat bolt handle and the red recoil pad. condition is 95%+. the newer one is a Liberty model of 1976. It has a round solid bolt handle. I am wonderng if either of these is a sought after rifle, and what they might be worth, but more importantly, for insurance purposes. Both are wonderful shooters. I have also read they wear barrels made by an after market supplier. Any truth to this? Thanks.

Regards, Kirk

j.r. ruger guy

Bearcat
300 H&H,
you may want to check - gunbroker - guns america - gun runner - cabelas , all these sites have a model search and will give you some idea what your specific rifles or other firearms are selling for. hope this helps
jim

300 H&H

Bearcat
j.r. Ruger guy,

One of the reasons I am here is that I saw Cabelas gun library had a 220 Swift M77V flat bolt for $2,200.....Since I have one I was wondering if this value is for real, or some one at Cabelas has the wrong idea. This was some time ago, don't know if they still have theirs. I have never considered Rugers as collectors arms, but perhaps they are, and I am just unaware. Both of my rifles have given me exceptional accuracy for factory built rifles. This is one of the reasons I wonder if the barrels are Ruger built, and I have read they "farmed out" the 26" swift barrels for the early guns, in an artical written by Ross Seigfried in American Reloader magazine some years back. Since they used Douglas barells on early No.1's, they have a history of after market barrels being installed on early production guns, perhaps there is some truth to the tale.

I was hoping some one who really knows the M77 might come here and chime in with what they know.....

Best regards, Kirk

chet15

Hawkeye
Cabelas is high priced on everything. But the reason they do it is they have some people actually come in and pay their price.
The 77V .220 flatbolt does show up from time time, so I wouldn't think the super rarity that Cabelas makes it out to be at $2,200.
Not able to help you out on an accurate price on that one, but less than $1K is probably a lot more accurate.
Chet15

chilidog

Single-Sixer
About two years ago I bought one on Gunbroker for a little over seven hundred and after I paid shipping and my FFL fees on this end I ended up giving a little less than eight hundred for it.(It's probably 98%) The market might be a little soft on them right now though. The Liberty should bring at least 500 hundred if it's in good shape.
Kevin
Hope this helps!

Hi It sounds like the same gun they had at thier east hartford store about 6 months ago I asked how they came up with that price he could not give me an answer I told him I had a nicer one that I would put on consignment and would let them keep 60% of the sale and I would be tickeled some of thier prices are just crazy

GRAMPS

martyj

Blackhawk
I wouldn't worry about the barrel burning out any more than I would on a 22-250.
I haven't worn mine out and it goes though a couple hundred rounds a year shooting prairie dogs.

Latest posts