Are Primers getting easier or harder to find?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
I ordered a deal of 38 special hulls last week thinking I had plenty of primers. When I got the 900 38 hulls in and had sized and belled them I looked and didn't have but a few small pistol primers. So I cleaned the primer pockets and was going to put them away until I could find some primers later. I called a gun store and they had 4 cartons of cci spm primers I figured they would be rationing them out but the guy told me they were $34.95 a thousand so I went and got 1000 of them before he changed his mind. I was reloading some 45-70 ammo last week and was low on imr 4895 powder and called another dealer and was going to buy 2 lbs he told me that he wouldn't let me have 2 his limit was 1 lb per customer to let more people get reloading supplies. I was not trying to buy him out or anything just trying to justify making a 80 mile round trip with gas prices. But guess what he made me mad so I won't be buying from him again it's his loss. I spend quite a lot of money on guns and reloading and he won't be getting any more of my business. Now I would drive 200 miles to keep from going there again. I'm just that hard headed. The guy with the primers will get a lot more of my business now.

Boxhead

Blackhawk
Well I don't know. With the hysteria that was going on in the US I loaded up on them while I was in Canada at $25/1000 and brought them back with me when I moved back. I am set for quite some time.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I saw some Winchester primers at Orlando gunshow last wkend for $42.50/K. Kinda rich for my blood.
sonnytoo