Are people crazy....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bootlegger

Single-Sixer
Or is it just me?

I've been looking for a Sp101 LR for some time now, thats how I found this site here.

Every once in a while I run across an ad for one but i'm a day or month to late to buy it, so yesterday I put an add out on a web site WTB sp101 22LR. Checked my email this morning an got a reply form a fella who not only has one he will sell, he has 2 :shock: never been fired but this is what i have found crazy, asking price $750 for one $900 for the other.

After I picked up my jaw, I thought "man he's crazy" but then I reread it and maybe he has something worth that, "NIB 3" limited run BLUED"

I didnt know Ruger ever made a Sp in blue. if so just how many did they make? I know a gun is worth what your willing to pay for it but I dont care how much one is worth, Im gonna shoot the darn thing!!

So, is he crazy..... or is it just me?

AzRebel

Single-Sixer
Well, from what I've seen, .22 LR DA revolvers are VERY hard to find right now.

Good quality ones are even harder. S&W's are running $600 and up for used. I'd imagine Rugers are pretty close to the same.

Yes, people are crazy.

Daryl

contender

Ruger Guru
I don't recall Ruger ever making any in blue. Nor does the RENE guide list any,,,! I would ask for the serial number if they claim it to be blue,, and then contact Ruger to verify if it was blue. If so,, then it's extremely rare & if you bought it,, you could probably trade it to a collector for 2 of the stainless versions to shoot.

reakin

Single-Sixer
Prices for some things, especially online, have gotten crazy. Best bet is to scour every gun/pawn shop, bargain trader, or classified ad you see. The deals are out there. I've passed up (or passed the info on to others) SP101s in .22lr for anywhere between $275-$350. You just have to keep an eye out and have the cash ready to go at a moments notice. Don't expect to find a good deal online though. Too many people have seen what collectors are willing to pay, and have priced everything accordingly. Its the small shops that don't give two hoots about the internet that still have normal, real world pricing. Keep looking and be patient. You'll find it eventually.

As for the "special run" blued 3" model....ask him to email you a picture. I'd bet a box of donuts it turns out to be something different.

reakin

BlkHawk73

Hunter
"Special run" blued 3" model." Without factory verification it's hearsay and worth as much as a regular one would be - less actually as it's likely aftermarket alterations.

Bootlegger

Single-Sixer
Been trying to email the seller for pictures, no reply as of yet but if pics do come I will sure put them on here for you all to see.

Flash

Buckeye
Never made on in blue to my knowledge but Ruger has done some stranger things so who knows? Yeah, the prices are a little high but I had two also and got $600 for each of them nearly two years ago. It wouldn't surprise me if Ruger brings out a double action 22 this year. They might be shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to Single Six sales but I believe a nice GP in 22mag or LR would sell like hotcakes.

Bootlegger

Single-Sixer
Email came this morning with pictures... its a nice looking GP100. lol so the asking price of 900 makes HIM crazy, not me!

Glad thats over with.