Are early Glocks collectible?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

moparclan

Single-Sixer
My 17 came with the original Tupperware box with all paperwork and tools. Still has the sticker on the lid and the warning about the loaded pistol because of the locator in the box that could fire the pistol. Lots of older boxes on auction site for well under $50

Last edited:

bobsyouruncle

Single-Sixer
GT was not that helpful, I remember seeing somewhere a compilation of recent gunbroker sales, some were over 10k for an original gen 1 with a prefix beginning in A, this would be original pencil barrel, unfired in the original box, with manual, warranty card and paper work.

bobsyouruncle

Single-Sixer
Initially I was told my Glock was basically worthless, so I thought what the heck I'll just have some fun with it and customize it. I started looking at stipple tools, a barrel and comp, etc. I was doing a transfer at a gun shop and mentioned the Glock to the owner and he said those have become collectible. I had not purchased the Glock with any thought of collectability, so you can see the problem with misinformation

Attachments

• gucci-glock-final.jpg
    gucci-glock-final.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 43
  • images (3).jpg
    images (3).jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 47
  • nu93fv6ibqp51.jpg
    nu93fv6ibqp51.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 44

g5m

Blackhawk
They are collectible by some people for sure. A 1st gen Glock 19 is high dollar and very rare.

I know one person who shot his finger putting a loaded Glock back into one of those boxes. He was visited in the hospital by a LEO who was inquiring, as expected.

Last edited:

hittman

Staff member
My local friend ( who I trust ) is a Glock collector and FFL.
He puts the OPs gun in the $750 range.

bobsyouruncle

Single-Sixer
I saw one on gunbroker like mine go to $2,500 and a no sale, didn't meet reserve. The majority of the Gen 1's I've seen are high mileage police trade ins. I have not seen a gen 1 of any kind in awhile