Are American compact .45 barrels 3.75 interchangeable with full 4.5?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WildCard

Bearcat
Hello from the deep southwest desert!
Are American compact .45 (have one, love it!) barrels 3.75 interchangeable with full 4.5?
I have not seen any form of after market barrels... threaded or otherwise... my thought is threading and installing a 4.5 inch barrel in a compact slide..
Could it/would it work??

Attachments

• 20220807_145027.jpg
    20220807_145027.jpg
    828.9 KB · Views: 100

WildCard

Bearcat
Hello from the deep southwest desert!
Are American compact .45 (have one, love it!) barrels 3.75 interchangeable with full 4.5?
I have not seen any form of after market barrels... threaded or otherwise... my thought is threading and installing a 4.5 inch barrel in a compact slide..
Could it/would it work??
Well, spoke with Ruger customer service Wayne, today, sadly the 4.5 inch full size 45 acp barrel will not fit or work in a compact 45 acp 🥺... they know of no after market extended barrels for the compact 45 acp pro either.
Well gonna love mine as is, long time, not a deal breaker..

tradecki

Bearcat
Hello
I have a American compact also.
I have been looking for a extended barrel with no luck, so i have contacted a couple for companies if they dam custom make a extended barrel for me.
If i have any luck can keep you posted on here.

WildCard

Bearcat
Thanks I will appreciate an update! How do like your compact?
My Compact has proven to be very reliable as every day carry!
3x 10rnd mags.
I've continued the search. I have not had opportunity to compare a full size barrel to my compact... So far only solution offered was to have gunsmith weld an extension to barrel...
Thats a hard Nope!

roylt

Hunter
Hard to believe it isn't a drop in. I don't have this model but years ago I was quite the P-nut. Made several frankin pistols. One included a P93 with a P94 barrel. Basically the same thing you are saying, Long barrel in a short slide.

As for the Ruger customer service comment above, what do you expect the factory people to say? they are not going to say go ahead and slap a non-fit barrel in your gun.

I also tried a threaded slide with a big flash hider on it. Made it a one shot wonder. The extra weight made the slide drag too much to function.

Good luck,

Latest posts