AR pistol build kit suggestions please?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OM41

Ruger Forum Member since 07
I suspect we have a narcissistic liberal troll posting here

Snake Pleskin

Hunter
I suspect we have a narcissistic liberal troll posting here
Translate "narcissistic liberal troll". Is that someone with a different opinion then the prevailing herd? Because a true Narcissistic Personality Disorder would require a trained, knowledgeable, professional to diagnose? It seems to me thet term 'troll" gets thrown around quite a bit any time someone disagrees with the prevailing line of thought, which is sad, because you can learn nothing from listening to yourself over and over, you already know what your own opinion is, so how is that helpful? Wouldn't it be more productive to listen to differing opinions and points of view. Listening is free, and it doesn't mean you have to agree with them or follow them. Seems like a win win to me. IMHO

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
what ever I'm saying it is pre set and if your rifle shoots fine it is probably fine and i never had a issue . like the guy in vidio and the pin holds the bushing also holds the head space if correct .and that's about all I'm saying .on it . if you build 1 and it is not accurate you have trouble you have to check whats wrong but if it runs and is accurate its down the road . NEVER HAD 1 COME BACK .HOW HANY YOU BUILD AND HOW MANY NEEDED HEAD SPACED AFTER YOU BUILT IT?

NikA

Buckeye
the pin holds the bushing also holds the head space if correct
This statement is precisely what is incorrect. It doesn't matter what you or any other "authority" posts about it on the internet.

I also wouldn't describe assembling AR parts into a functional firearm as "building" a gun. Doubly so if you don't bother to check critical dimensions when the assembly is complete.

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
now your just being anal it get so tech to worry that build is incorrect word . you should call NASA they mite need some advice . and thats my last post on this subject .
i always came here to get away from the facebook bull but it is here now to i see .arm chair correctors that have to correct everything even if they never did it . NOT SAYING YOU DID NOT THAT WAS A WIDE STATEMENT SO NO NEED TO CORRECT ME .

NikA

Buckeye
i always came here to get away from the facebook bull but it is here now to i see
I find this reply hilarious. Were the good folk of Facebook picking on you for posting blatantly incorrect technical information, or was the focus more on your general inability to communicate in written English?

Although your posts are barely readable, my only concern is that you continue to repeat your original incorrect assertion.
you should call NASA they mite need some advice
I work as an engineer with a lot of very intelligent and competent engineers. If one of them made a claim along these lines and continued to dig themselves a hole when confronted about it, I'd not bother working with them again. This is not an advanced technical problem, it's a simple dimensional one on a well-studied and documented system that's been in production and use for 50+ years.

Aqualung

Blackhawk
Sorry to derail the topic of headspacing and length/distance of urine streams to get back to the subject of AR pistols...

I didn't build ("assemble", for the purists) from a kit. I found parts online...mostly cheap stuff, since it's definitely not going to be a hard-core weapon...more of a novelty for my AR9.

I bought an AR556 stripped receiver and then started collecting components I could find cerakoted in gray ("Sniper Gray"?). I haven't been able to shoot it enough to get all the bugs worked out, but I think some of it might be ammo-related. What I had was Winchester "Service Grade" 115grn FMJ that has a truncated nose, which has caused some issues in other guns I have.

I wanted a fun gun to shoot, but didn't want the blast of 5.56 out of a 7" barrel. I figured I could take this one to an indoor range and not have my lane neighbors cursing me out.
AR9_Pistol_R_W-Mags_Larger.JPG

HERE is the thread on this forum about this build.

Aqualung

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
I find this reply hilarious. Were the good folk of Facebook picking on you for posting blatantly incorrect technical information, or was the focus more on your general inability to communicate in written English?

Although your posts are barely readable, my only concern is that you continue to repeat your original incorrect assertion.

I work as an engineer with a lot of very intelligent and competent engineers. If one of them made a claim along these lines and continued to dig themselves a hole when confronted about it, I'd not bother working with them again. This is not an advanced technical problem, it's a simple dimensional one on a well-studied and documented system that's been in production and use for 50+ y

GO GRING YOUR BOLT FACES AND YOUR FEED RAMPS TO FIX THE BIG HEAD SPACE THING i HAVE NO ISSUES WITH MINE . now your wanting to get personal when you mock my typing skills .I am not going there with you .OK YOUR SMART TYPE GOOD AND I BET YOUR EVEN PRETTY IS THAT ENOUGH TO SHUT YOU UP .OR YOU WANT BLOWED TOO?

Last edited:
Y'all know life is a lot easier if you don't live it with your panties all bunched up in your crack.......

Here was my solution for what the OP wanted... but I have to admit I did not build it... let the factory do that and even though it looks like one is not a true AR...

Last edited:

Latest posts