Apparently Just Worn Out---Thanks Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have several Redhawks in 44 mag but my favorite and the one that gets the most use is the 7.5 inch. Last time out on the 4th of July I noticed that the cylinder was not locking up completely and could be hand turned with firm finger pressure. I called Ruger for a new cylinder stop, and they were on vacation. So I filled out the on line info about what I was contacting them for. I got a confirmation a few days later and about a week later it was in my mail box. Got it installed but have not been out to give it a work out yet. The old part appeared to be simply worn down far enough that the cylinder was able to slip past. I have no idea how many round this one has seen. I run them all from mild to wild, and this is the first problem I have ever experienced with any of them.

Thanks Ruger for the prompt and free service. :D

As much as some people complain about the QC of Ruger the pressure on these companies to put out a quality product 100% of the time is very demanding. I'm on other forums and am amazed to hear the same complaints about every firearms company. In real life, no one is perfect, but I can't think of a company I trust anymore than Ruger Company to take care of customers.

I use to live about 30 minutes from the Newport Nh. location! Was great if I had a problem I would drive
to the Ruger Plant! The guard would inspect your fire arm and put a disc on the back of the cylinder. Go to the
entrance and the nice lady receptionist would call a tech up to the front and he would talk with you and look
at my firearm. After a few days they'd call and you could go over and pick it up. Very good service!
I miss the little freebies the receptionist would hand out! Great place a guy by the name of Floyd would come
to the reception area and personally speak you. That's service! ps