Anyone with pictures of really small cut down Single Sixes?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallbald

Buckeye
Should I not be able to find my wife a stainless Bearcat, I wonder just how little one of my Single Sixes could be made. I've ground and re-contoured several single action grip frames in the past (love that forgiving stainless steel) and would like to have a short barreled, short ejector housing model. Pictures would be inspiring. Thanks, Don

Allen207

Single-Sixer
I have one of the short frame (but not birdshead) .32 SS's at Dave Clements right now for just such a conversion. Barrel length is going to be 3". It won't be done until early summer though, so I can't help you out with pics yet.

I think it is going to be a great little kit gun.

Tallbald

Buckeye
Yes good point and I considered that. Perhaps partial ejection of magnum cases would let me go a little shorter. Lots of pondering for me here... thanks, Don

CraigC

Hawkeye
Flash":2rco3a3p said:
The ejector rod has to be long enough to do it's job. I think the 4 5/8" is bare minimum.
You can easily go down to 3½" - 3¾" and still have ejector function. You need a short basepin and have to remember to give them a good snap when you eject your empties.

DPris

Buckeye
Clements did a four-inch Douglas barrel on a Single-Six .22 for me, rounded the gripframe off front & rear. Beautiful little gun & the ejector rod works fine.
Denis

Jared

Bearcat
Tallbald":r9ucp0b4 said:
Should I not be able to find my wife a stainless Bearcat, I wonder just how little one of my Single Sixes could be made. I've ground and re-contoured several single action grip frames in the past (love that forgiving stainless steel) and would like to have a short barreled, short ejector housing model. Pictures would be inspiring. Thanks, Don

Here are a couple that I have. The OM .22lr/Mag was done by Bowen and has a 4" barrel.
Picture034.jpg

Picture036.jpg

The Birdshead .32 was done by Harton and is slightly under 4".
326.jpg

327.jpg

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
Sweet 32 bird's head Jared. I went back and forth on mine thinking about adding the ejector housing off of the sheriff/montado. I ended up going about 5 inches.

P2160001.jpg

REP1954

Blackhawk
T.A. WORKMAN":2oue6033 said:
REP1954,
Barrel 33/4, shorten EJRH & base pin.

Jared,
Love that Bowen Ruger!!!!!!
Terry
Is it a 22LR or a 32H&R?

Anyone know the shortess barrel you can go on a Single Six and still get a short bump on the case with the ejector?