Anyone tried the factory Ruger 20 round Mini 30 mags yet?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ruger1963

Bearcat
I want to buy a few of the new Ruger 20 rounders for my Mini 30, but I want to be sure others have praise for them so I don't waste my time and $.

Anybody received theirs yet?

MAC702

Single-Sixer
I have a couple factory 20-rounders amongst my stash of magazines from many sources. They are unquestionably the highest quality magazines I've ever used in any Mini. I bought gun show mags when I was dirt poor. The 40-round stainless one looks good for the girls, but I put in a Ruger 20 when I want 100% reliability.

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
I just ordered mine last w/e and it's on backorder. I wasn't aware of any factory mags being out there yet for the mini 30.

I think tomiswho was talking about Mac 702 who says he has some 20 rounders that are good and then goes on in their next post to talk about the 10 and 30 rounders...

No such thing until recent times as a factory mag for the Ruger Mini-30 greater than 5 rounds.

MAC702

Single-Sixer
Yep, I misread the entire original post and spent my entire time talking about Mini-14 magazines. Sorry about that. They do have factory Mini-Thirty magazines, too, but I've not seen them anywhere yet except Ruger's site, but I've not been looking for them either.

claydoctor

Bearcat
I back-ordered a few last night. Hope they are as good about getting them out there as they were about the Mini-14 mags.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Distributor pal told me Ruger is contracting the 10, 20, & 30 round steel mags for the Mini 14 and now the Mini 30, to USA.

anyone hear different?

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
I wish I had some idea on time for my back order, as I don't like leaving that credit card number out there. All I need if for the card company to jack the rates, then me try to exclude myself, then see a charge from Ruger triggering the higher rate....

claydoctor

Bearcat
mohavesam":h3y3kt9r said:
Distributor pal told me Ruger is contracting the 10, 20, & 30 round steel mags for the Mini 14 and now the Mini 30, to USA.

anyone hear different?

Doesn't much matter to me if they are marked "Ruger" and work.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
claydoctor":1rb3n38w said:
mohavesam":1rb3n38w said:

anyone hear different?

- I was referring to the issue of possible reasons for the consistent bacorder situation. USA is a small business.

The rollstamp is licensed of course. I don't care as long as I don't see "Made in China" on the magazine, I just want it to perform - flawlessly.

8) 8) 8)

claydoctor

Bearcat
mohavesam":nuui7knv said:
claydoctor":nuui7knv said:
mohavesam":nuui7knv said:

anyone hear different?

- I was referring to the issue of possible reasons for the consistent bacorder situation. USA is a small business.

The rollstamp is licensed of course. I don't care as long as I don't see "Made in China" on the magazine, I just want it to perform - flawlessly.

8) 8) 8)

My sentiments exactly.

ruger1963

Bearcat
I want to bump this back to the top.

I would REALLY like to hear from someone who has actually used their new magazines.

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
mohavesam":2s3q153e said:

anyone hear different?

I sure hope not. The last USA Mags I tried in the Mini-30 were pathetic. They were 20 round magazines. Only one out of the 4 I tried worked out of the box. The other three were not impressive. All of the magazines required constant attention to keep them working. The metal of the magazine was flexible enough that I could bend them by hand. Really sad, and not even "Made in China" quality.

Charlie

claydoctor

Bearcat
I received my two but they are X-mas presnts for my son so I have not opened the packages.

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
claydoctor":2v5zc42k said:
I received my two but they are X-mas presnts for my son so I have not opened the packages.

Same here, it looked good, but it's under the tree.