Anyone have picts of a Mk III with the "new" cocob

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chakotay

Bearcat
Well, looks like I'll be the first kid on the block. I've got them on order. I'll post pictures when they come in.

chakotay

Bearcat
Got them today! They feel and look great. Image attached.
Grips.jpg
[/img]

billt

Bearcat
rugermarkiinrabillrugerle0.jpg

rugermarkiinrabillrugernu8.jpg

I purchased this Ruger Mark II NRA Endowment Bill Ruger Commemorative a few years back. It has the red Cocobolo grips. It was the very last of the Mark II's produced.

kimber8400kimberstainle.jpg

A couple weeks ago I bought this Ruger Mark III with the laminated, wrap around wooden grips. Ruger is getting better. Gone is the cheap plastic snap shut case that let the gun rattle around inside. This one came in a nice padded plastic case with sliding lock latches much like Sig Sauer and Kimber package their guns in. This gun came with nice fiber optic sights and a small vial packaged in the case that contains extra colored inserts for the front sight. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'll be off for a couple of weeks starting next. I hope to get everything done around the place so I can spend a lot of time at the range.

I also picked up a nice Kimber Stainless II .45 ACP, and a Kimber Model 8400 L.A. Police Tactical in .300 Win. Mag. that I'm going to scope out today with a Bushnell 3200 Elite Tactical 5-15X in Leupold Mark IV Tactical Steel Rings. The Kimber came from the factory with a 20 MOA base attached. This thing should print beautifully at 1,000 yards with 190 grain Sierra Matchkings and a good, healthy dose of IMR 4831. I'm going to mount the scope today. Bill T.

kimber8400kimberstainlef.jpg

oldpal

Bearcat
Well here is a photo of old Ruger grips on my RST-6 ...

RugerRST-6.jpg

an a photo of new Ruger cocobolo grips on my Mk III 22/45RP.

4525.jpg

Hugh