Anyone have a pic of a SBH Hunter with a 2.5-8x leupold?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Snyd

Single-Sixer
I don't have the loopy but I do have a Weaver 2x28 which may help you get an idea. The loopy is 32 mm where as the Weaver is 28 obviously. The Weaver is 8.375" long, the Loopy is 9.67". In this pic the optical end is about 1/4 inch from the rear site. The objective is about 1 inch from the end of the barrel. Perfect fit between the sites. The loopy would probably just fit I would think. I have read that the 32 mm will fit with the standard rings. You can see the space between the objective end and the barrel. It looks like enough room for the 32mm. Here's a pic of the first time at the range with it.

sbh255_01.jpg

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
If you are looking for a SBH Hunter 44 Mag with this set up I know a gun shop that has one w/ the Weaver scope just like the picture, it is also a SS with a 7 1/2" barrel for $595.00. If you are interested, I will gladly supply the phone number and contact persons name.

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
Jayhawkhuntclub":lo7xujs4 said:
This shouldn't be this hard. :(

Instead of getting mad with the guys, why not go out and buy one of each and put them together.

Oh yeah, don't forget to enjoy yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
Kevin":btb87yo0 said:
There's also photoshop, the request does seem pretty specific. What are the chances there is the exact setup out there AND a RugerForum member???

I got the gun and the scope, but it is on another gun. I ain't about to make a switch just for a photo op!

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
knuckles":2aj4v1he said:
Hey!... cool checkering! 8)

SBHHunter45Colt.jpg

Yes they are!

Had a friend laser engrave them. I couldn't find a decent set of stocks for her. I like this set now, though.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Rafsob":mq07ynut said:
Jayhawkhuntclub":mq07ynut said:
This shouldn't be this hard. :(

Instead of getting mad with the guys, why not go out and buy one of each and put them together.

Oh yeah, don't forget to enjoy yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Nobody's mad. At least not me. I've got one on order (backorder) and I was hoping to find out how it was going to fit.

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
Hey Jay,

Here is my 629 with a Leupold 2x scope on it. That, along with teh other photo should give you a good idea of how it will fit.

629atWork.jpg

SW629-b.jpg

SBHHunter45Colt.jpg

As you can see the Burris and Leupold are so close in construction. Hope this helps pal.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
With all due respect, I really appreciate people taking time to respond to my post. However, it's funny how you can ask such a specific question and get so many answers that really have almost nothing to do with the question.

Q: What's a good load using H110?
A: Well that would be 10.2 gr of Unique!

Q: Anybody have a pic of a 2-8 Leupold variable scope on a SBH Hunter?
A: Here's several that are only a like in that they are scopes so this should answere your question.

I'm not trying to be mean here. I really do appreciate all of you taking the time to try and help me out. It's just funny is all. I'm sure a lot of my responses don't make sense either. BTW, I have a Leupold 4X on my Hunter now so I know what that looks like. I'm just trying to find out how tight a 2-8 power is going to if as I know it's bigger. I was just hoping to get a visual.

Knuckles

Buckeye
Maybe we who had nothing specific to add should have stayed out of this thread... then you would have zero responses.

There I go again adding nothing in the way of help.

Bud (knuckles)

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
knuckles":bzjx6xlr said:
Maybe we who had nothing specific to add should have stayed out of this thread... then you would have zero responses.

Bud (knuckles)

That would leave me... Oh yeah, right where I am now. But hey, no harm no foul. This board is a great source of information overall. And I appreciate the effort. Like I said, just thought is was funny.

seeemmiss

Single-Sixer
I can answer the question. I am good at this game. Here it goes.

Nope, no one has a gun and scope in the requested configuration. Sorry.

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
knuckles":vm58raq0 said:

Bud (knuckles)

I think I went overboard in helping this guy, but you know what they say - "You can't please all of the people all of the time, or something like that."

This guy is a gem!!! Maybe we should have left this thread empty. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzz!