Anyone ever receive somthing like this?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

prowler

Single-Sixer
I ordered Ruger New Model Blackhawk Flattop from Lipsey, it suppose to be .357 mag. and 9 mm luger, when I got it marked every thing correct excepted the revolver as .45 LC and .45 ACP. Here some of the pictures.

jbntx

Single-Sixer
That's one of those Monday morning guns you hear about.
Somebody was still recovering from a weekend bender.

roylt

Hunter
Some people would think it is a factory goof and worth a lot of money. I think it is just a paperwork error and you don't have the gun you wanted.

You could sell it and buy the gun you want.
Keep it as a factory screw up and buy the gun you want.
OR ???

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

roylt

Hunter
jbntx said:
That's one of those Monday morning guns you hear about.
Somebody was still recovering from a weekend bender.

Actually it was Thursday per the date on the case paper. :D

CraigC

Hawkeye
Before I called Ruger (or shot it), I'd see if anyone wanted to pay more than I did for it. If so, I'd just sell it and order another.

what did you by ? the box ( package) or the gun...........if it was on a shelf, in a store or shop and you handled it, you knew what you had , when they got the package (box) out to do the paper work, duh....a little light should have come on........or was it "picked off" the shelf as the 357 and they never looked at what was actually in the box, again, duh, some sort of a light should have come on...either the distributor following the factory or the dealer who got it..........duh. lights may be on and NO-one is home.......... 8) :roll: :wink:

prowler

Single-Sixer
I am a dealer and collector, I ordered two of this revolver one is SST and other is blue, the blue one is the one you see on this forum, I will call my Ruger Rep. tomorrow let him know then I will put it in my safe. I don't think I will sell at this time.

Here are some more pictures:

But I will sell my wife dog.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
I once had a S&W 34-2 shipped by the factory in a box with the right serial number but marked 34-3.