Anyone ever receive somthing like this?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
As Jimbo said, Ruger will care cause their records with the ATF are wrong as to caliber. They will want to get that fixed, plus they can get you a good label to match the gun.

Think the big gun companies and the distributors use the box labels and never look at the guns, they just ship them out and bring them in. When you get down to the local gun shop level, the good ones open the box and check the gun to the paperwork, but not all gun shops are good either.

Bet there are more of these than people think :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

SBH4628

Blackhawk
Here ya go...not the only mistake.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=495685487

SAJohn

Hunter
Back in the 70's, a friend of mine bought a new Colt Trooper. It would not group and was key holing the bullets. I looked it over for him and discovered the barrel had no rifling. I explained to him just how illegal it was and suggested that he contact Colt and offer them an across the board exchange for a Python or Single Action Army. The idiot just did an exchange for a rifled Trooper.

prowler

Single-Sixer
I did contact my Ruger Rep, He told me Ruger will sent me a new label and make a correction with the model and caliber, at the same time they will have Lipsey change their record too.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
prowler said:
I did contact my Ruger Rep, He told me Ruger will sent me a new label and make a correction with the model and caliber, at the same time they will have Lipsey change their record too.
Yeah, but you wanted a 357mag/9mm. That's why I said you would probably have to send it back to Ruger. I guess you are going to keep the 45colt/45acp instead? :?

eveled

Hawkeye
The .45 convertible's msrp is $50 more than the .357/9mm. so you did great!

chet15

Hawkeye
There may be another gun out there with the same serial number, which would make one of them a "D". Interestingly, Davidson's for example would receive these quite often, then Ruger would send a letter out requesting the gun back so they could stamp a "D" on it.

It is also interesting in that the gun in question has red laminate grips on it, like the .357/9mm. Don't all the .45/.45ACP FT's have simulated ivory???
Chet15

Armybrat

Buckeye
chet15 said:
It is also interesting in that the gun in question has red laminate grips on it, like the .357/9mm. Don't all the .45/.45ACP FT's have simulated ivory???
Chet15
Lipsey's have the fake ivory, but the standard factory convertibles come with the black checkered plastic grips.

chet15

Hawkeye
Armybrat said:
Lipsey's have the fake ivory, but the standard factory convertibles come with the black checkered plastic grips.

The .45/.45ACP flattop "is" a Lipsey's special. Ruger never had the .45/.45ACP flattop in the catalog.
So Ruger goofed in that instance too by putting red laminate on this gun instead of simulated ivory.
Chet15