Anyone else running a scoped revolver?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bearskinner,

That is a nice collection. What brand are the muzzle brakes, or who did them?
Looks like you prefer scopes over red dots. I do see one red dot on your SBH Hunter.
The brakes that are turned to the same diameter as the barrel are from Reeder Custom. A few are Magna-ported, there's one with the bell shaped brake, from SSK.
I like brakes on the big boomers, as I shoot one handed a lot, and it definitely helps with follow up shots. It also helps to keep the scope out of your face, when swinging on a moving shot. I hunt with the scoped guns, so many are set up the same way. Familiarity is your friend under adverse conditions. It's just one less thing to think about. The revolvers all look and feel that same. Leupold dual dovetail mounts, mostly Leupold glass. Also, mostly stainless, as I'm rough on my revolvers. That makes them easy to wipe off scratches.

Thanks. I will have to check out Reeder. One of my 44's, a custom 5" Super Redhawk is Mag-Na-Ported, and a Contender in 375 Win has a factory brake. I definitely like shooting them more than the non-ported ones.

Lost Sheep

Single-Sixer
Some of my pistols take clips

Some of my pistols have cylinders
OH NO! :eek:

Please don't bring in THAT controversy (as off-topic as the "revolver-pistol-'revolving pistol' " argument") of "magazine vs clip".

I have a couple of revolvers that take moon clips but most of my handguns (those ones with a slide) do take magazines up their bottoms. I do not own a Webley-Fosbery Automatic Revolver.:giggle:

As far as I know, no manufacturer has ever made a revolver that takes magazines. But I would not bet the farm on it.

.480 Super Redhawk w/Leupold scope. Fun, fun, fun.

Attachments

• Ruger 480 a.jpg
    Ruger 480 a.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 60