anyone else have a 77 in 762x39

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lloyd Smale

Blackhawk
mines a real tack driver but suffers from one weakness. the fired brass extracts just fine but doesnt allways eject even when you run the bolt hard. Is there a fix for this short of sending it in to ruger?

TBear77

Single-Sixer
There have been reported instances where the ejector rides the bolt rather than droppong into the grouve on the bolt. Check for that with some empty cases. If that's the problem, a slight champfer on the bolt grouve or ejector should correct that problem.

Ted

Lloyd Smale

Blackhawk
thats just what was happening. I bent the ejector over a tad with some needle nose and it seems to be working fine now. thanks for the help!

SReagle

Single-Sixer
Lloyd Smale":1zfsrmtr said:
mines a real tack driver but suffers from one weakness. the fired brass extracts just fine but doesnt allways eject even when you run the bolt hard. Is there a fix for this short of sending it in to ruger?

1. is it the Compact,
2. how dose factory ammo shoot, I do not reload.
3. how far will it shoot with reasonable accuracy, i.e. 50yd to 150yd, 100yd to 200yd, 50yd to 300yd, I do not think I would be shooting beyond 300yds
4. done any work to it or suggest any work i.e. trigger job etc.
Thank you in advance.

Ditmo

Single-Sixer
1. Yes - Mine's a compact blued w/ wood stock. 2x7 Leopold
2. Wolf 3moa, Golden Tiger 1.25moa, reloads under 1moa
3. I've only had it out to 200 yards. I was getting 4" groups on a windy day from the prone position. Calm day with rest probably better
4. Haven't done anything other than mount scope, clean and shoot it. Could use a nicer trigger, but stock trigger is passable

Lloyd Smale

Blackhawk
mines a stailess markII with a boat paddle stock with wood inserts. It will shoot moa at a 100 yards with loads it likes. Two best bulets in it so far are the hornady vmax and the ww 123 soft point. Best accuracy so far has come with ramshot exterminator

SReagle

Single-Sixer
lloyd Smale, tnx. again for your input, tha ammo you are describing I could purchase ?, I ask because I do not reload.
I think I might just save up to purchase one.

Latest posts