anyone carry this way??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HumphreyDaBear

Bearcat
I've carried OWB cross draw for years, still possess all my OEM equipment. Like my dad told me...no matter how new, nice or fancy a tool is, you still have to be smarter than the too you're using.

If you're going to attach a holster to a belt. The process starts with a really good, strong belt. Then consider access to the gun. What I mean is are you like I was, working plain clothes and arresting felons nearly daily. Access was #1. My Glock was in my hand at some point on most working days. It also needed to be returned into a holster with one hand and easily.
The more the gun is hidden the more time and effort to get it out comes into question. Is it worth it? The normal CCW guy/gal likely will never draw the gun in self-defense anyway. Just food for thought on why and how you want to carry. IWB, OWB, cross draw, strong side draw, ankle holster, pocket holster, shoulder holster all has their place and uses. I will fall back on the 1st question, use a holster the way it was designed. Change it if needed.

HumphreyDaBear

Bearcat
Got to agree with Moore about the need for a high quality leather belt. I use a 1.5 inch wide, .060 inch thick Carhart brand belts. They hold the gun where I put it, while allowing for a slight shift as required.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
It's not about the holsters folks…. In my opinion It's all about the shirt. I am a old man and not a computer wiz bang so don't know how to post a picture but Wear a banded bottom shirt.These shirts cover the pistol when you were outside your pants. Perfect for me. Look up Blair Catalog. Best banded bottom shirts out there. Both long and short sleeve. MD
I know what was meant, but "....when you were outside your pants" just cracked me up!

Bob Wright

Latest posts