Anyone buying Canadian dollars?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dan in MI

Staff member
If you're like me in a border state you can generally find some CDN $ at face value. A quick trip across the border can get you 25%.

The CDN vs US dollar have often had a ballpark 25% favorable rate but I am not aware of anyone really trying to profit on it.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I can all-but-guarantee the persons managing your 401k are spending your money on candian currency exchanges. They make the 33% profit and return your money at face value with almost zero risk.

Just asking if anyone here is cashing in. Am I? You can bank on it! ;)

JFB

Hunter
I don't understand high finance.

I take 100 USD and buy 133 CD. NOW, is there some one that will give me 1 USD for 1 CD?

From when I use to work up north, I still have 15 CD in the wallet, how much can I get for it?

Mobuck

Hawkeye
"I still don't understand how I can make 25% ?"

You have to find some dumbie/sucker who will sell you the higher value currency at the lower value.

RolandDeschain

Blackhawk
JFB said:
I still don't understand how I can make 25% ?

Me neither.

Wondering about how this works too?

I can all-but-guarantee the persons managing your 401k are spending your money on candian currency exchanges. They make the 33% profit and return your money at face value with almost zero risk.

:?

7p's

Single-Sixer
Here's how it works: If you go into the "wild's" of Canada with American dollars - the Canadians will tell you that they will take USC at par value - if you don't like that - tough. Their rational is it costs them money to travel to a bank and exchange it for Canadian dollars - so their time, inconvenience and gas is worth whatever the exchange rate is - now if the Canadian dollar is higher - look out.

I never go into Canada without having Canadian money - granted everything costs more up there but it costs even more if all you have is USC.

Now to be fair - you will find the odd Canadian who will give you the exchange rate.

JFB

Hunter
you mean like
USD%20CAD_zpsejyxmnwv.jpg

stevemb

Hunter
I'd like to buy some Canadian ruffed grouse. Less wary, taste the same ! Wish they'd sneak across the border..

7p's

Single-Sixer
You won't find many, if any, ruffed grouse up Canadian way - what you will find is spruce grouse and yes they are less wary, almost comatose in fact - can be harvested by throwing rocks, using a wrist rocket is almost unsportsmanlike.

A few have made their way down into Minnesota but I think they are protected because of their "unwariness".

stevemb

Hunter
Lots in Ontario, Ruffed grouse I mean. As you go west to plains and mtns..more spruce or Blues too. Ruffed Grouse thru the Maritimes too. Just next to none in NE Ohio, sigh..

7p's

Single-Sixer
You're right Steve - I've fished and hunted Ontario and Manitoba for 50 years and never seen a ruffed grouse but I just called a friend in Thunder Bay and he advised they have ruffed grouse in some areas in Canada. I've seen hundreds of spruce grouse on roads and around camp but never ventured into ruff territory.

Never saw a skunk up past the Hudson Bay Watershed line either until 2 years ago this fall when one just invited himself into our cook shack as we were playing cards one evening. He didn't bother us and we didn't bother him - took him about 3 minutes to walk around our chairs and to find his way out.

Latest posts