Anybody test Wolf primers????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
A question here about Wolf primers got me to thinking. (I know,, I know,, that can be dangerous,,,so excuse me! :D )
Has anybody here loaded their pet ammo with their worked up American made primers,,, and then loaded the very same load using Wolf primers & then test them over a chrono side by side to see if there is a signifant difference in velocity??

WESHOOT2

Hunter
(I'm up early 'cause I'm goin' to a BIG match.)

The guy (oh me oh my) who writes the reloading column for USPSA's Front Sight magazine tested them; they're fine.

pps

Single-Sixer
It's my understanding that the performance is similar to winchester. I just got 5k small pistol and 1k large rifle...we'll see

Landric

Bearcat
I use Wolf in a number of applications. Here is something interesting I have found: In my pet .45 ACP load (4.1 grains of Trail Boss with a 250 grain RNFP intended for .45 Colt), I am getting 80-100fps less with the Wolf LP primer than I was getting with the Remington LP primer. So far that only seems to be the case with my Trail Boss loads, when I use Titegroup my results are quite similar.

I am going to do more testing and see if anything changes.

VonFatman

Blackhawk
Me too...I have loaded my "pets" with mainly Winchester over the years...bought a load of Wolf Primers...the word on the street was good and the price was great...

I found very little difference. The size is about like a Winchester...they have a good "feel" when seating.

Through the Chrony, I found MAYBE 5-10fps higher with Wolf....but VERY consistently...no worries here.

Hope this helps. I've loaded both LP and SP Wolf.

Bob

Latest posts