Anybody shot the 327 yet?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

I am wondering about the muzzle blast and accuracy and overall performance of this new cartridge as compared to other cartridges.

It looks like it would be a lot like the 30 carbine to me.

jazzman

Single-Sixer
I have shot the American Eagle 100 grain soft points thru my sp101. They have a little kick, hardly any muzzle blast. I could shoot them all day, they put a smile on your face. I have also used the federal self defense low recoil ammo, very mild, felt like a 38 to me. It is just a fun gun to shoot. I have more ammo on order and if it ever comes in, I will probably go back and get the 327 blackhawk I have my eye on. I am biased thou, as I have two single sixes and one Marlin lever gun in 32 H&R. I can't comment too much on the accuracy part as I was just having fun plinking and was not really consentrating on how accurate it was.

32magfan

Blackhawk
I have handed the BlackHawk and the GP100 to a few of the guys at the range. A couple had sneered a little about a "little 32". No one that shot either gun was joking after they shot it. With the Federal 100 gr load, it really packs quite a wallop for that small a bullet.

I shot 4 milk jugs filled with water at 20 yards. The bullet was perfectly mushroomed and went through 3 jugs and ended up inside the fourth.

Muzzle blast is there but not as bad as a full-bore 357 to me.

Accuracy is good enough for me to hit a 6" swinger at 25 yards with boring regularity. I haven't done much group shooting yet - not my strongsuit but I do need to do it to see how good they can do.

Thanks,

32Magfan

louiethelump

Buckeye
I have a new Blackhawk, but have not been able to find any 327 factory ammo as yet unless I want to pay a dollar a round; and I don't. I have shot a box of factory European 32 acp through it, and just a few of my factory 32 S&W long, which are boring and kind of a waste. Minimal recoil of course, but very good accuracy and I have not fiddled with the trigger, and will probably only clip one leg of the trigger return spring and let it go at that. I think this 8 shot potential fireball is a keeper. Lots more research to do, but that is what the rest of my life is for..............

I LIKE IT!!

Louie

louiethelump":3htiirt1 said:
I have a new Blackhawk, but have not been able to find any 327 factory ammo as yet unless I want to pay a dollar a round; and I don't. I have shot a box of factory European 32 acp through it, and just a few of my factory 32 S&W long, which are boring and kind of a waste. Minimal recoil of course, but very good accuracy and I have not fiddled with the trigger, and will probably only clip one leg of the trigger return spring and let it go at that. I think this 8 shot potential fireball is a keeper. Lots more research to do, but that is what the rest of my life is for..............

I LIKE IT!!

Louie

Buck around ouch. ps

Single-Sixer
I haven't had any problems finding ammo, as a matter of fact when I was in California they had tons of ammo but no guns had yet been "approved" to be sold for it.

Prices I've seen on the American Eagle is usually about $27.00 for 50 rounds. The other two loads that come in the 20 round boxes are the expensive ones.

Buy a few boxes of American Eagle and reload.

louiethelump

Buckeye
I only wish I could find ANY. None of the mail order houses have any and if I could find any I would buy some. The 100 grain Federal soft point is what I would like to have. It is the cheaper round, but when you cannot get it anywhere, it does not matter how much the price is when they don't have it. "buy it and reload" is exactly what I would do if I could find any.

Thanks for the advice

Louie

REP1954

Blackhawk
Kinda tuff when someone introduces a new gun in a new cartridge in the middle of a ammo chrunch.

sixshot

Buckeye
I've had mine for a couple of months now, bought new Federal brass from Freedom Arms & loaded them with a 115 gr GC cast bullet. This load is snappy but very easy to shoot & although it is loud its not nearly as bad as my Ruger 30 carbine blackhawk.
The fit & finish on these new guns is very good, I couldn't be happier with mine, it will see a lot of ground squirrel duty & also make it tough for the local rockchucks & badgers.

Restocked mine with a piece of Amboyna Burl, they turned out pretty nice.

100_2302_0002.jpg

The day after I got mine I turned it loose on this cottontail, he lost!

100_2275_0004.jpg

Dick

Weathermaker

Bearcat
The 327 Federal Magnum cartridge caught my interest shortly after it came out. I couldn't find a SP101 anywhere, but was able to find a Charter Patriot locally...so I bought it. The Charter was a good enough handgun...especially for concealed carry.

But when I found out Ruger had released the GP100 in 327, I decided I had to have one. I already had a GP100 6" in 357 and love it. So, I sold the Charter a couple days ago and went out and bought the GP100 327.

Went to the range and here's my take on it: I've shot dozens of handguns...revolvers and semiauto. All calibers. I have to say the GP100 in 327 is a fun gun and a blast to shot. Absolutely now my favorite.

Latest posts