Anybody reload 7.7 JAP ammo?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Elfego El Gato

Single-Sixer
I have twenty once-fired brass cases (soon to be 40) that I'd like to have reloaded, but I don't have the equipment, knowledge, talent, or money to do it.

So, does anybody here reload for the 7.7x58 JAP cartridge? And, if so, would you be willing to take on my brass and reload it for a reasonable fee?

I'm not looking for any kind of custom load or anything; SAAMI specs are fine. This is for my Arisaka Type 99, which I use for fun and target shooting -- NOT for competition.

If anybody would be willing and able to do this for me, shoot me a PM and we can talk pricing, shipping, etc.

My motivation for asking is simply that this ammo is hard to find at any kind of a reasonable price. So, if I can save a few dollars and someone here can make a couple of bucks, then, hey, we both win, right?

Thanks!

Elfego El Gato

Single-Sixer
You guys rock! I've had a couple of people contact me to say they can do it. I'll respond via PM and we'll see how things work out -- Again, thanks to all!

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

A lady up the street has an Arisaka that her Dad brought back after WWII. She likes to shoot it, but is short on ammo right now, and money to buy more, so it sits. She was delighted to learn that I'm a reloader and I told her I'd look into learning a little about the 7.7 to see if I could help her...

So, any favorite recipes, tips or "look out fors" are appreciated.

Rick C

Divernhunter

Single-Sixer
Rick it is just straight forward reloading. I stay away from hot loads myself. IF the rifle has a wood butt-plate I would suggest not shooting it. They were called "last ditch" rifles for a reason.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Divernhunter":3g5u9eok said:
Rick it is just straight forward reloading. I stay away from hot loads myself. IF the rifle has a wood butt-plate I would suggest not shooting it. They were called "last ditch" rifles for a reason.

Hi,

I'm pretty ignorant of these rifles, so thanks to you and Contender for that "warning." I haven't seen my neighbor's yet, so I'll ask to see it before proceeding any further.

I like shooting cast bullet "pop gun" loads in my Enfield and M-N and, like you, stay away from the hotter stuff in both. Do you guys ever load any of the "pop gun" stuff for your 7.7s?

Rick C

contender

Ruger Guru
I don't as mine has the metal buttplate,, and all I ever got was jacketed bullets for it. I haven't shot it in several years.

Divernhunter

Single-Sixer
Sorry all I have is light loads with jacketed bullets for the 3-4 jap rifles I own. Do not have any cast bullets for any rifles except my 45-70's and muzzle loaders. I am sure they would work as long as the bores were not too rough as some of the QC of the jap rifles was not the highest. There actions were very strong except for the last ditch and trainer stuff.