Anybody Here Live In Southern Oregon? Ammo Question!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gene

Single-Sixer
charlies,
Yeah, I forgot about Blackbird. I've been there many times in the past. Thanks!

Doug,
That's crazy! Never heard of something like that. It could possibly happen here in liberal Calif. but I don't see how. About 4 out of 5 cars crossing into Calif. from Oregon are from Calif. They would need an army of cop cars to stop every car.

grobin

Blackhawk
dougader said:
A car with CA plates is seen in the parking lot of a southern OR gun shop.... radio ahead to the border and the CHIP officer pulls the car over...

Years ago when I lived in No Va, D.C. had a lot lower licquor prices, lower tax, and better selection. Va enforcement used to park near the popular liquor stores and then radio ahead. DC deployed Denver boots for parking violations-surprising how many got moved to Va liquor enforcement cars. (The boots had cheap locks and were easy to move). DC gave up on them after awhile. Va finally realized that they couldn't stop cars on 95, then deemphasized the money loasing state stores, and gave up.

Hopefully the overturn of the magazine ban will stick and we will see follow up overturn of ammo bans!

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
dougader said:
A car with CA plates is seen in the parking lot of a southern OR gun shop.... radio ahead to the border and the CHIP officer pulls the car over...

Hi,

Nothing new! They've been doing that for years with fireworks stands on the NV side of the border every 4th of July. Distance from the stand is already measured, snitch in parking lot radios license plate and vehicle description ahead to CHP, Officer sits there in just about "3... 2... 1... gotcha!" fashion. From CHP's viewpoint, it works like a charm.

Some ways around that do come to mind... ;)

Rick C

LAH

Buckeye
mikld said:
Rick Courtright said:
Gene said:
I live in Northern Calif. close to the Oregon border, (Dunsmuir, near Mt. Shasta). I can't order ammo on the internet any longer so I go into Klamath Falls and sometimes Medford to get it.

Hi,

Gene, you know about buying ammo out of state and bringing it in being on the verboten list now, too? I have no idea how they think they're gonna enforce that, but it's on the books after Prop 63.

Rick C
I live just a few miles north of the OR/CA border. There is a "produce inspection station" just inside CA and I believe it's worthless. In 9 years I can't remember seeing any "inspections", vehicles in the "inspection area". When the station is open (business hours five days per week) I have always driven up to the station, was greeted by an officer with "good morning, do you have any produce?". I reply "Nope", and the officer says "Thank you, have a nice day", and I'm on my way. I have done this a few hundred times (in cars with both OR license plates and CA plates). I seriously doubt it any "Did you purchase ammo in OR?" questions would ever be asked...

Do you live near Rogue River?

Gene

Single-Sixer
LAH,
The Rogue River is my favorite river but I'm about 1 1/2 hours south of it.

I thought I would post an update to this thread. I found out from my FFL here in my tiny town that even here in "guns are evil" Calif., I can still order ammo online and have them sent to him.

He doesn't charge me for it so all I have to do is go to his hardware store and pick it up. Ammo problem solved!

Anyway, thanks to all for your kind and generous responses!

RSIno1

Hunter
Gene said:
Thank you all for the responses and I appreciate them but really, I don't need the smarmy and ridiculous statements as "move" (and you know who you are p.s.! :x) and some others. I expected them but if you don't have anything positive to add, please don't!
Don't abet this criminal. Since 2018, it is illegal to import ammunition into California. ... That means while you can buy it out of state, you can't bring it back into California.
I am moving out of this state. Wife isn't happy leaving grandson but it's only 3 hours from where we will be in Nevada.
HAPPINESS IS CALIFORNIA IN THE REARVIEW MIRROR!

LAH

Buckeye
Gene said:
LAH,
The Rogue River is my favorite river but I'm about 1 1/2 hours south of it.

I thought I would post an update to this thread. I found out from my FFL here in my tiny town that even here in "guns are evil" Calif., I can still order ammo online and have them sent to him.

He doesn't charge me for it so all I have to do is go to his hardware store and pick it up. Ammo problem solved!

Anyway, thanks to all for your kind and generous responses!

I was on the Rogue last summer. Pretty river.

langenc

Single-Sixer
Join a gun club in OR and develope a friendship w/ some members. Perhaps on of them would take delivery of on line ordered ammo for you.

Would take a couple yrs so they could get to know you.

OR get an ORagun local gun shop to order for you.

Gene

Single-Sixer
RSIno1 said:
Gene said:
Thank you all for the responses and I appreciate them but really, I don't need the smarmy and ridiculous statements as "move" (and you know who you are p.s.! :x) and some others. I expected them but if you don't have anything positive to add, please don't!
Don't abet this criminal. Since 2018, it is illegal to import ammunition into California. ... That means while you can buy it out of state, you can't bring it back into California.
I am moving out of this state. Wife isn't happy leaving grandson but it's only 3 hours from where we will be in Nevada.
HAPPINESS IS CALIFORNIA IN THE REARVIEW MIRROR!

Thanks for calling me a criminal! Hope your move goes smoothly.

Gene

Single-Sixer
langenc said:
Join a gun club in OR and develope a friendship w/ some members. Perhaps on of them would take delivery of on line ordered ammo for you.

Would take a couple yrs so they could get to know you.

OR get an ORagun local gun shop to order for you.

Thanks for that but like I stated, I already ordered the ammo but I LOVE OREGON!!