Anybody have Altamont black/silver grips on their Blackhawk?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RyeDaddy

Bearcat
I've got a Ruger Bisley in 45 Colt. Stainless with 5.5" barrel and the rollmarked unfluted cylinder. It came from the factory with black and gray laminate grips with the Ruger medallions, but I want something grippier for heavy hunting loads(grippier grips? Ha ha!).

I really like the checkered Altamont grips for it with the Fleur-de-lis pattern, but the only pictures they have are of the rosewood ones. I emailed Altamont and they don't have a picture of the black and gray grips to send me.

Does anyone have them on their gun that they can share a picture of? I'd really like the color to match the gray laminate stock on my Marlin 1895SBL like the factory Ruger grips do.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
I have those grips but with the Super Walnut. Altamont has four different types of checkering that they can do on your grips. You could order the grips and return them if you do not like them. They have a great return policy.

RyeDaddy

Bearcat
Aggie01 said:
Personally, I think checkering on grips for a gun with heavy loads is asking to get torn up palms.

I don't shoot it but a few times a year, and when I take it to the range I use the 45acp cylinder. The only time I shoot heavy loads in it is when hunting, and to practice a little here and there, so it's not a big concern. If I was going to be shooting 330 grain bullets all the time I would probably not opt for checkering.