anybody got a picture of their ejector SR9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
yeah that piece you flip down when you field strip the gun.
i think mines bent to the right but i would like to compare
thanks guys!

jhearne

Buckeye
It's supposed to be straight, there's a few pics of it, but none from above, in the How-To I made. Here's one with the Ejector out flat on a table though for some comparison. While at work, it's the best I can do ;).

Josh

DSC_0241-1.jpg

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
Josh, are you using flash in your pics? If so, you're gonna get much better pics not using a flash. I use an external light source, at an angle to avoid reflection such as what you have in the middle of this pic. Just wondering.

I was reading Ken Lunde's pistol wallpaper page (http://lundestudio.com/firearms.html), he states that flash ruins pictures. I found out that he's right, when taking pics like these anyway.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
can you look when its in the gun with the slide locked back for me?

is it straight up and down in there or is it slightly cocked to the right,
i cant tell if it is straight and just "leaning" or if its bent... i might have to pull it out. it does have some play back and forth when i wiggle it.....

I need to send my gun in for the peening problem anyway because its slowly getting worse. so i might call soon anyway.

kscott

Single-Sixer
check out 3rd page of "SR9c... GOT IT" I just put up some pics and mine does look like it leans to the right. Works fine so I'm not worried about it.

jhearne

Buckeye
2fast4u, leaning is ok, the plastic it sits in has a bit of excess tolerance and sometimes it does in fact lean. However, bent is something I'd ask Ruger for a replacement for and swap it yourself if Ruger'd let you.

TnR, I didn't use a flash on those pics, used a D50 or D80 with a macro lens and had a lamp setup over the 'scene'. Just happened to be a little harsh and at the wrong spot at the right time. Never noticed how blatant it was until now :).....then again, my father took the pics....my mother OTOH, is a photographer full time ;).

Josh