Anybody do business with shoot-straight.com?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wolfee

Blackhawk
They got a ton of a particular 22WMR round in stock that I want, but I am a little suspicious why I have never heard their name come up when comparing notes on internet ammo suppliers. I would appreciate hearing anyone's experience with them--good, bad or in between.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
They are a retail outlet here in Florida (don't know about nationwide) they are also one of the BIGGEST retailers at most of the gun shows. They do seem to offer pretty good prices when their merchandise is on sale. As a guess, I would off hand say that you can trust them. We have bought fire arms from them.
Search Results
Shoot Straight - Since 1979
https://shoot-straight.com/
Welcome to Shoot Straight...In gun sports since 1979. With 8 store locations across the state of Florida, we are one of the fastest growing stores in the US.

Hope that Helps !!
Pamela (aka: Colonialgirl)

wolfee

Blackhawk
Thanks, they seem to make Gunbrokers buyers happy as well, so I think I will give them a try.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Their owner is an A-hole who typically hires fellow A-holes but they are reputable. It's funny to see them bragging about their history. It was opened in 1979 by Col. Wayne Blecha as a pawn & gun shop that also did regular auctions and had a single location in Apopka until the mid 1990's when it was bought by an Arab prick (Khaled Akkawi) and his father. At the time, they owned Weapons Unlimited. I worked there for several months while in college. They've since opened several more stores. A couple years ago, their manager of over 30yrs, the backbone of the business and a friend, was fired from his position. He walked outside and shot himself. I have absolutely no use for them for personal reasons but I'm sure that as a customer, it'll be fine.

wolfee

Blackhawk
woah, that's some history you have with them. I appreciate all your insight, and offer my condolences to losing a friend that way. Think I'll just buy a case of the stuff, hope it arrives all right, then hope it lasts until I can find some locally. I have confirmed that the item I am looking for they DO have big stocks of. It's a 22WMR round from S&B that is a copy of the Winchester cheapie Dynapoint load. A case of 1500 rounds is $425, which is way too high, but still about a 40% discount to what the GB scalpers get selling by the box.

rugerguy211

Single-Sixer
The staff at the Ft Myers store is first rate, imo.
I've purchased two guns from them, and have used their range a few times.
No issues at all.
I was not aware they did mail order ammo sales, but if they have what I want would not hesitate to order.

spanky509

Bearcat
I ordered a case of cci 22lr tacticle on the 11th and received it on the 16th. No shipping and no sales tax( I,m in Missouri) so about the same price as locally. But locally there is none , So I'm happy.