Any Thoughts as to Who Makes This Brass?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

VonFatman

Blackhawk
I've not seen it before.
Was given to me by a friend...Boxer primed...just different...Israeli maybe?

Attached are a couple pics.
Thanks!

Bob

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

OldCowHand

Bearcat
mike7mm08":2ez46hxh said:
It is Prvi Partizan. Serbian made
Ah -- I would have read that headstamp right-to-left as Hebrew ayin-chet-tav. Reading it left-to-right I see that it's Cyrillic PPU. I note from that headstamp codes site that they have a factory in Uzice, so maybe that stands for Prvi Partizan Uzice?

Merle1948

Buckeye
VonFatman":3hpzd02v said:
Thanks for the information...and Scott, thanks for the thoughts on the quality of the brass!

Bob

I have used a lot of it for obscure calibers & reforming for even more obscure calibers - just try to find 8x50R Austrian these days!!!

At any rate, it is decent stuff. I have found some lots to have undersized and/or shallow primer pockets, but they are easily reamed out & you only have to do it once.

:) :) :)

BearStopper

Blackhawk
OldCowHand":31csbzbm said:
mike7mm08":31csbzbm said:
It is Prvi Partizan. Serbian made
Ah -- I would have read that headstamp right-to-left as Hebrew ayin-chet-tav. Reading it left-to-right I see that it's Cyrillic PPU. I note from that headstamp codes site that they have a factory in Uzice, so maybe that stands for Prvi Partizan Uzice?
Not bad for an old cowhand!!!!! :shock: :wink:

BowenBuilt

Bearcat
I have several hundred rounds of it in .44 magnum I have been using for several years. It seems to be very good brass. I have not had a problem with it. I don't remember the brand of ammunition that was on the boxes it came in.
BB

mike7mm08

Buckeye
BowenBuilt":1sxsroxt said:
I have several hundred rounds of it in .44 magnum I have been using for several years. It seems to be very good brass. I have not had a problem with it. I don't remember the brand of ammunition that was on the boxes it came in.
BB

It may have prvi partisan as they do offer loaded ammo. Availability is sporadic of both the ammo and brass.