Any reason 223, 55 grain would cause jamming in AR 15's?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
Could be out of spec steel case ammo . Could be out of spec rifle that just barely functions with higher pressure ammo .

Most of the common 16 in AR's with Carbine gas systems are significantly Over gassed , to assure reliability with any ammo to avoid customer complaints . But the gas port could be misaligned , or out of spec BCG .

RC44Mag

Buckeye
I also have 3 AR's, two Colts and S&W. I keep them clean and use quality ammo. The rare occasions I've had problems were the fault of magazines.

Still waiting for the definition (or detailed description) of 'jamming'. With this information, I'd be willing make an informed assessment of possible issues.

harley08

Blackhawk
My SP1 and my stock Colt A1 uppers (and slabsides) use the 55gr bullets, and eats them like candy. I always try to use Winchester Q3131 and Federal M193, hot and reliable. I use it in my faster rate barrels at sometimes as well. I never have problems with the ammo itself.

View attachment 4953
My 3-SP1,s and my stock Colt M16A1 Carbine use the 55gr bullets, and reloads and eats them like candy.

Latest posts